Academic background in English, French, Japanese, and comparative literature and linguistics; biostatistics and epidemiology; and public health. I've worked along the entire spectrum of publishing:
- series ideation and pitch; budget and project plan development
- talent and freelance acquisitions
- content planning
- manuscript development: tracking, reviewing, editing, and rewriting
- guiding art program and licensing use of intellectual property
- shepherding through third-party/peer review and into production
- reviewing galleys, pages, and finals through completion
- crafting jacket, introductory, and marketing copy
Projects include books, print pieces, email programs, mobile and tablet apps, long-form med/pharma pieces, social media posts, and entire websites. Also many academic papers, particularly in medicine and surgery (for foreign-language research teams) and literary criticism.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I've edited NYT bestselling authors, award-winners, popular mid-listers and complete beginners. Special focus: Science fiction and Fantasy.
Indexer and proofreader. I have worked for Oxford University Press and Bloomsbury on topics including law, psychology, literature, religion.