• Partners with publishing houses as well as acclaimed independent authors, including USA Today bestselling author K.F. Breene, award-winning author Lindsay Cross, and bestselling author Keira Montclair.
• Provides comprehensive developmental editing, proofreading, and copywriting services for commercial fiction manuscripts, ranging from general contemporary fiction, upmarket women’s fiction, book club fiction, romance across all subgenres, and softboiled mystery.
• Business website provides a detailed description of publishing credentials, client testimonials, and services rendered.
• Worked closely alongside two executive editors to provide developmental and line edits for a list of prolific
New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors, including Debbie Macomber, Dean Koontz, Danielle Steel, Karen Marie Moning, Mary Balogh, Molly O’Keefe, Joan Johnston, Rita Mae Brown, J. Kenner, and many more.
• Independently acquired and edited a list of authors for Ballantine’s e-original Loveswept imprint, including USA Today bestsellers Serena Bell, Sharon Cullen, and Maggie McGinnis.
• Utilized a keen editorial eye to sift through a high-volume submission inbox, developing an instinct for concept salability and compelling storytelling that stood above the fray.
• Advocated for authors and generated in-house buzz, from forming crystalline copy and selling points to launching new books at company-wide meetings.
• Daily tasks included generating reader’s reports, acquisition memos, editorial letters and tip sheets;
researching comp titles; fact-checking and proofreading materials; and assisting with the financial projections for prospective projects.
From the author of Once Upon a Cowboy (“Sexy, charming, and perfectly heartwarming.”—Lauren Layne) comes another sweet novel of the Whisper Creek Ranch, where sizzling Montana men melt the most stubborn hearts. After Alexis Maguire’s wedding day comes and goes without a groom, she decides that it’s time for a change. Tired of being the dependable, steady—and apparently boring—one, Alexis hopes... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Fiction editor with eight years of experience at a major NY publishing house, specializing in romance, women's fiction, and mystery.
An editor specializing in romantic fiction with seven years' experience. Worked for Penguin Random House, Macmillan, and Entangled.