With over five years of writing experience under their belt, Rivera-Lawrence has been published as a part of "2018 Poetry & Short Story Anthology - Oregon Writers Edition" and is always adding more to publications online such as Weeds and Wildflowers and Politics: Fast and Slow. Rivera-Lawrence has worked with several publications, including newspapers like The Commuter and The Corvallis Advocate.
A strong public speaker at heart, Moriah stays in touch with Linn-Benton Community College's Civil Discourse Program by volunteering. They have spoken in multiple events including being invited to speak at LBCC's first-ever Braver Angels debate covering the Portland, Oregon civil rights protests in October 2020. Combining these speaking skills with video editing knowledge, Rivera-Lawrence has also launched a YouTube channel featuring short spoken word films.Whether they're creating articles on wacky holidays and fun facts or performing another slam poem, Rivera-Lawrence has a wide range of writing ability and knowledge. Their experience shines when writing on news, politics, health and wellness, lifestyle, disability, and chronic illness, food, food supply chain, food-grade cold storage, and warehousing.
-Promoting the 'With Malice Toward None' Braver Angels initiative by founding opportunities for artistic and literary work about relevant topics made by LBCC students and community members to be featured.
- Used graphic design and marketing knowledge to create cohesive and attractive flyers and banners using templates.
- Engaged in public speaking in an online panel to promote the initiatives and program and/or to engage in civil discourse with attendees to represent a perspective for the group.
- Gave extemporaneous and pre-written speeches on difficult topics, as well as audience Q&A responses.
- Working remotely, with a full remote team and file sharing.
Writing articles, radio ads, marketing content, and various other assignments and projects.
- Worked in the office and remotely managing several customer accounts.
- Awarded "Most Improved Employee" in December 2018.
- Promoted to complex customer account management in Fall 2018.
- Known for solving complex issues and teaching difficult tasks with a positive attitude.
-Made student experience in Destination Graduation courses better by mentoring students.
-Created curriculum with a team of other ambassadors and professors.
-Managed a Facebook group to communicate with students and keep them engaged throughout the week.
-Worked with the design team to re-brand social media.
-Removed clutter from old accounts like Facebook and started new ones, such as Snapchat and Instagram.
-Writing and photography
-Used Dropbox to remotely collaborate with the team and share edits and ideas
-Completed remote and in-office work to research, interview, and write content.
-Submitted photos, video, written content.
-Contributed to edits, post-production meetings, and office supplies.
-Known for a sharp eye and turning their articles in right on time.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Novelist with over forty books in print with major publishers. Creative Writing teacher. Latest book: DEEP WAR, St. Martin's Press, 2018.
Bestselling ghostwriter and author of 27 books for many well-known figures. Translated into 15 different languages. 23 years of expertise.