I'm a freelance copyeditor and proofreader specialising in non-fiction and educational material. I enjoy helping my clients to bring clarity and consistency to their written text and also offer digital product proofreading and functionality testing. I have experience across a variety of genres, including primary and secondary school textbooks and non-fiction, and have worked on books, e-books and apps.
Clients include Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Cambridge University Press, HarperCollins and Oxford University Press. I am also a Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP).
Non-fiction work includes:
• Dance and Movement for Older People
• Ethics in Art Therapy
• A Freshman Survival Guide for College Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Educational work includes:
• Cambridge University Press Global English and Bridge to Success school textbooks
• Macmillan Education OECS Primary Social Studies Workbook: Dominica
• Macmillan Education OECS Primary Social Studies Workbook: St. Vincent and the Grenadines
• Pearson Revise AQA AS Business Revision Guide for 2016 and BTEC Level 4 First Person on Scene
• Letts and Lonsdale Monster Practice primary school maths textbooks
• Exam papers managed by Canon (UK) Ltd on behalf of Cambridge Assessment.
Digital work includes:
• Virtual College e-learning training courses for individuals, industry and the public sector
• Cambridge University Press Explore Shakespeare iPad apps, featured in The Sunday Telegraph's '500 Must-Have Apps' article series
• Cambridge University Press e-book proofread and functionality testing for Biology for the IB Diploma and Cambridge International AS and A Level Computer Science
• Macmillan Education Everywhere Integrated Science for Jamaica secondary school apps
• Oxford University Press digital pop-up answer key functionality testing for Project iTools school English language teaching course
• Macmillan Education CXC Store website preview
• Aluminati Network Group website.
'Michelle is not only a sharp-eyed proof-reader, she also copes well with changes to schedules and deadlines, is communicative and has idea about how to get the best from the material she is working on. She is also a lovely person to work with and chat to! I will definitely work with Michelle again.' – Holly Edgar, Commissioning Editor at Macmillan Science and Education
'Michelle did a great job for us, proof reading an important document (our Annual Report) in a speedy (over the weekend) and a very professional manner. I recommend her services wholeheartedly to anyone requiring key documents to be proof read by someone who cares and takes a genuine interest in the accuracy, meaning and impact of your text.' – Gordon Chesterman, Careers Service Director, Cambridge University
Freelance education and non-fiction copyeditor and proofreader.
I worked in various administrative positions across Cambridge University.
Due to the complicated nature of using art and art materials in clinical practice, art therapists are often confronted with ethical considerations that are unique to their field. This book explores challenging topics in the ethical practice of art therapy. Professional guidelines do not always address the gray areas of important ethical issues in art therapy practice. Art therapists must there... read more
This practical handbook will empower activity coordinators and carers to run safe, rewarding and health-giving dance and movement sessions with older people, including with those who are frail, who have limited mobility or who are living with dementia. The authors describe the many benefits of dance and movement for older people, and address important practical considerations such as carrying ... read more
How do you know which college is right for you? What happens if you don't get on with your roommate? And what on earth is the Greek system all about? As a university student with High-Functioning Autism, Haley Moss offers essential tips and advice in this insider's guide to surviving the Freshman year of college. Chatty, honest and full of really useful information, Haley's first-hand account ... read more
Based on Shamanic principles and the philosophy that laughter and play are basic human needs that feed the soul and unleash natural creativity, the tried, tested and proven activities in this book can be used with all ages. They are helpfully split into different sections, covering everything from warm-up games to verbal improvisation games, theatre games and warm-downs. Drawing on decades of ... read more
Carries EU Toy Safety Directive 'CE' logo.Friendly monsters introduce key Maths and English skills for KS1, helping to make learning fun and engaging. The curriculum-based skills practice is accompanied by fun activities, stickers and a monster mask to reward and motivate. Plenty of practice and reinforcement of the maths skills covered in school is provided. This unique series for children Ag... read more
Not suitable for children under 36 monthsFriendly monsters introduce key Maths and English skills for KS1, helping to make learning fun and engaging. The curriculum-based skills practice is accompanied by fun activities, stickers and a monster mask to reward and motivate. Plenty of practice and reinforcement of the times table skills covered in school is provided. This unique series for childr... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm a professional copyeditor and proofreader with in-house publishing experience and a bachelor's degree in creative writing.
Over 7 years experience in literature, anthologies, and short fiction at Macmillan. I'm always looking for exciting new projects!