I'm an editor and content creator with 10+ years in publishing print and digital learning resources and non-fiction books. I also specialise in bespoke e-learning training materials often collaborating with my business partner, Lo, who is a Graphic Designer.
• Content development for online learning.
• Editorial development and management.
• Copy-editing and proofreading.
• Writing and content production.
• Social media strategy planning and implementation.
Clients include Hart McLeod, Blue Cross, Redline Security, Pearson, Care Graphic Machinery and Elektra Media.
• Project management of educational textbooks and digital resources.
• Interpreting market needs and curriculum specifications into engaging and accessible content.
• Commissioning and editorial development of content.
• Consulting on distance e-learning projects.
• Applying pedagogy to provide effective support for teachers and students, and to achieve product USPs.
• Briefing suppliers and managing project budgets.
• Collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure products are dynamic in a competitive market.
• Copy-editing and quality checking content.
• Editorial management of content for print, online and mobile formats.
• Development and implementation of pedagogic design for OU teaching and learning materials.
• Commissioning, briefing and managing relationships with in-house media staff and freelance editors.
• Interpreting curriculum design models and devising suitable media and interactive solutions.
• Creating and updating Moodle websites, configuring tools and uploading resources.
• SEO optimisation and copywriting.
• Advising authors and module teams on content and managing project relationships.
• Ensuring that all materials meet accessibility standards.
• Project management of the publishing of education resources - including Primary English, Science and Maths print, digital and online products.
• Commissioning and pedagogic development of projects, guiding the writing and editorial process.
• Management of project schedules and budgets.
• Structural editing, copy-editing and proofreading.
• Organisation and relationship management of freelance editorial, design, digital and media suppliers.
• Coordination and briefing of artwork, media and audio.
• Management of third-party permissions and copyright.
• Inputting design and editorial amends.
• Monitor and review project schedules, workflows and processes, in conjunction with suppliers, distributors and internal contacts, for print and digital education products across the Education division.
• Project manage digital and e-book products as a supplier to external clients.
• Liaison with freelancers, overseeing copyediting.
• Troubleshooting digital issues and working with clients to achieve feasible solutions.
• Arranging testing and production of digital products.
This Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Religious Studies B Paper 2: Religion, Peace and Conflict - Islam Student Book provides comprehensive coverage of the specification content. The book is made up of topics, each covering one specification point as a visually engaging double-page spread or more. Each Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Religious Studies Student Book is packed with useful features to help you with your GCS... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I have been editing legal manuscripts for almost a decade now for major publishers such as Taylor & Francis and Oxford University Press.
Multi-faceted writer and editor with abundant experience in cookbook and lifestyle publishing, including 15 years at Martha Stewart Living.