• Collaborating with various types of clients to assess the scope of each project, agree on the appropriate level of editorial services required, and set timelines and budgets.
• Providing proofreading, copy-editing, structural editing, formatting and reference-checking services for works of fiction in the literary, young adult, science fiction, fantasy, romance and erotica genres, as well as for non-fiction works.
• Suggesting textual changes and responding to queries in a diplomatic and professional manner.
• Managing my time between multiple projects simultaneously and working to strict deadlines.
• Clients include: Independent authors, publishers and academics.
● Proofreading and substantive editing on research funding opportunities summaries across all research subject areas for an audience of leading research-intensive higher education institutions worldwide. Occasional proofreading of summaries translated from French into UK English.
● Heading a department of 16 editors and proofreaders, including: setting the department’s editorial strategy; overall responsibility for creating, maintaining and enforcing departmental house styles; editorial quality assurance; managing freelance editors and proofreaders.
● Adobe InDesign layout, proofreading and final sign-off of pages in several print publications.
A childhood marred by tragedy. An uncertain future. One summer that changes everything.After losing her mother in a tragic accident, Hannah Tatum grows up wanting nothing more than to be a good girl. At twenty-one, she has her whole future planned out. She’ll help her dad with their ranch until her childhood sweetheart finishes university. They’ll get married, take over the ranch, and live hap... read more
Fatherhood in 40-Minute Snapshots is a collection of parenting articles that explore the challenges and joys of being a father. Each snapshot, written during the author’s 40-minute commuter train ride to work, reveals a particular moment in time: preparing for the birth of his twins, what he wished he’d known before their birth, getting them to sleep through the night, and discovering new ways... read more
Ricky Green is a restless teenager with a penchant for trouble. When the Beatles invade America, Ricky and his three friends form a band, hoping to reap fame and fortune. But amidst the profound cultural and political upheaval of the sixties, the Wild Ones struggle to find their footing. Twenty years later, Ricky attends his first high school reunion, perhaps seeking an opportunity to rewrite ... read more
Julie Fox is on the run. A psychotic breakdown has shattered her career in Calgary, her marriage and her love for her child. Julie travels to California to search for her mother and learn the root of her problems. Clues at a cult-like retreat appear to hold the answers. As the retreat leaders lure Julie into their twisted game, her ex-husband tries to wrest her from their control. Trapped in a... read more
'Tooh Time is Party Time!' is a children's book for children Teeth-Care. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the authority on children's oral health, recommends parents brushing their children's teeth for two minutes, twice a day. The goal of this book is to successfully create and maintain this routine between parents and child by obtaining the child's cooperation while it turns to a... read more
Substantially revised throughout, the third edition of Political Marketing continues to offer students the most comprehensive introduction to this rapidly growing field. It provides an accessible but in-depth guide to what political marketing is and how it is used in practice and encourages reflection on how it should be used in the future. New Features and benefits of the third edition: Fully... read more
The List Writer's Lust is a hot and witty romantic comedy about a 40-year-old woman who'd rather have an elevator quickie with a stranger than settle down with the man of her dreams. Gwen is a cunning freelance clickbait writer. When Gavin, her rich, handsome, and devoted boyfriend, proposes marriage, she panics at the thought of happily ever after. Gwen puts her perfect relationship on hold f... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Romance, fantasy, sci-fi and YA proofreader and copyeditor with experience at Disney/Hyperion, Hallmark Books and Dreamspinner Press.
Experienced children's book editor. Specialties include: fantasy world building, character development, and writing from multiple POVs.