I review and edit a constant stream of content, designing effective, marketable pieces—from dense policy to high-level pitches, complex print runs to clean digital displays, and every message and medium in between.
"Designer" is a misnomer here, with responsibilities extending far beyond the title's accepted definition:
• Develop campaign creative across the board, from art and concerts to policies and benefits
• Write and edit copy for every level of the organization, from chiefs to contractors
• Analyze, report, and improve processes to maximize impact, understanding, and service
• Manage communities and determine content strategy across mediums
• Document, manage, and teach systems and strategy, including communication, social, and signage
• Manage projects, including creative, events, training, and upgrades
We have seen consistent, exponential growth in guest service, employee satisfaction, and user engagement, continuing to innovate and set a high bar for the hospitality and gaming industries.
I have been right, wrong, stressed, elated, scared, sure, and—sometimes—sane. Above all, I’ve been challenged, testing the limits and dependencies on a daily basis and bringing all manner of ideas to life.
It’s a privilege to be part of something meaningful, no matter how small the role—Sprout was that for me. In between classes, projects, and abandoned Tuscan buildings, I was able to help create production transcripts for shows and specials at Discovery, National Geographic, PBS, and The Smithsonian.
But the real impact and reward was far away from Western televisions. Just outside Kathmandu, Sprout educated and employed native Nepali men and women, giving them valuable technical expertise and the opportunity to put it to use on exciting projects for companies around the world.
Sprout has now grown and morphed into CloudFactory and continues to innovate and deliver valuable services to users and employees around the world.
Starting with 10 people tapping out event transcripts for everyone from the Nixon Library to the Federal Reserve, we waded into production transcripts for HGTV and Charlie Rose, finally diving into multimedia with accessibility design and development.
• Enjoyed broad responsibility for accessibility, media design & development, web design and development, print design, photography, transcription, and editing
• Mastered analog and digital formats, including Betacam, VHS, DVD, Flash, HTML/CSS
• Managed diverse projects, including real-time, post-production, and multimedia
In under two years, we expanded capability and services exponentially, gaining new government and private sector clients across industries. We also had a hand in implementing new online accessibility standards to ensure free and accurate flow of information to everyone.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.