Close this message
Isle of Man
Experienced freelance proofreader, copy-editor and formatter trained by SfEP and PTC | Helping you polish your written content and documents
Sign up below to request a quote.
Freelance professional proofreader, copy-editor and book formatter trained by SfEP (Society for Editors and Proofreaders) and PTC (Publishing Training Centre). Advanced Professional Member of SfEP. Currently marketing & PR director of SfEP.
I have a diverse range of clients including:
• mainstream publishers
• independent authors
I work on general non-fiction, business documents, research reports and web content. I also have particular experience in editing and proofreading school textbooks and rewriting for non-native English speakers.
I provide editing, design and layout, and e-book formatting for self-publishing authors. Before going freelance I spent over 14 years working in information and publications in an international legal firm, a local authority and several NGOs.
How I work
• I will work in the best way to suit you, either onscreen or on hard copy.
• I aim to help you polish your writing for better reader engagement.
• I know when to intervene and when to leave alone.
• I won’t impose my own voice in your writing because I think it sounds nicer than yours.
• I can quickly learn your house style, or devise one for you, and make sure it’s used consistently.
• I will endeavour to be clear about what I need from you and will clearly explain what I have done with your work.
• I’ll always deliver work on time if I have what I need from you and will be transparent about my pricing.
"Thank you very much for returning the proofs, they arrived this morning. You have done a Herculean amount of moving around. It all looks clear enough to me."
Louisa Browne, Macmillan Caribbean
"It’s nice to have found a good copyeditor. I will certainly be back in touch when I know what I’ve got coming next. :-)"
Louise Le Bas, Associate of Just Content publishing services
"Thank you for all the work you have done and working with you was a pleasure. The help that you gave me has enabled the book to sell well. Much appreciated."
Mutsawashe Svosve, independent author
Experienced freelancer offering manuscript development, editing and proofreading. Focus on educational publishing.
I am a qualified copy editor, proofreader and manuscript appraiser, with four years' experience in the industry.
Windsor, United Kingdom