Close this message
Isle of Man
Experienced freelance proofreader, copy-editor and formatter trained by SfEP and PTC | Helping you polish your written content and documents
Sign up below to request a quote.
Freelance professional proofreader, copy-editor and book formatter trained by SfEP (Society for Editors and Proofreaders) and PTC (Publishing Training Centre). Advanced Professional Member of SfEP. Currently marketing & PR director of SfEP.
I have a diverse range of clients including:
• mainstream publishers
• independent authors
I work on general non-fiction, business documents, research reports and web content. I also have particular experience in editing and proofreading school textbooks and rewriting for non-native English speakers.
I provide editing, design and layout, and e-book formatting for self-publishing authors. Before going freelance I spent over 14 years working in information and publications in an international legal firm, a local authority and several NGOs.
How I work
• I will work in the best way to suit you, either onscreen or on hard copy.
• I aim to help you polish your writing for better reader engagement.
• I know when to intervene and when to leave alone.
• I won’t impose my own voice in your writing because I think it sounds nicer than yours.
• I can quickly learn your house style, or devise one for you, and make sure it’s used consistently.
• I will endeavour to be clear about what I need from you and will clearly explain what I have done with your work.
• I’ll always deliver work on time if I have what I need from you and will be transparent about my pricing.
"Thank you very much for returning the proofs, they arrived this morning. You have done a Herculean amount of moving around. It all looks clear enough to me."
Louisa Browne, Macmillan Caribbean
"It’s nice to have found a good copyeditor. I will certainly be back in touch when I know what I’ve got coming next. :-)"
Louise Le Bas, Associate of Just Content publishing services
"Thank you for all the work you have done and working with you was a pleasure. The help that you gave me has enabled the book to sell well. Much appreciated."
Mutsawashe Svosve, independent author
I copy edit and proofread non-fiction and academic texts, from biographies to business, politics to parenting, self-help to sociology.
Oxford, United Kingdom
15 years' experience of publishing, editing and proofreading non-fiction, from travel guides to textbooks to safety manuals.
Norfolk, United Kingdom