Close this message
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Sign up below to request a quote.
I provide copy editing and proofreading services for any written content—online or on paper. I have edited and proofread written materials for a wide variety of projects, including academic papers, business reports, educational courseware, instructional documents, marketing materials, product catalogues, and online content. To see how my services can assist you with your work, select a menu item on the left. To read about my editorial experience, view a list of recent clients, or get an estimate of fees, visit www.marcelchiera.com
SELECTED LIST OF CLIENTS
• Moody's Analytics
Copy edited educational materials for online courses, as well as the complete online reference library for all commercial lending program courses
Financial Risk Assessment, Management Risk, Market Risk, Mitigating Lending Risk
• CSI Global Education
Provided various editorial tasks including writing, developmental, structural, and copy editing, as well as proofreading and general consultations on design, style, and publishing standards—for numerous books and online courses
Personal Financial Planning, Strategic Wealth Conversion, Options Licensing, Derivatives Fundamentals, Futures Licensing, Canadian Securities, Business Succession Planning, Fixed-Income, Small Business Advisor
• Wilfrid Laurier University, University of Berlin, and University of Turku (Finland)
Copy edited numerous academic journal articles
Inflation Dynamics in Mexico, Fiscal Convergence in the European Union, Helping Hand or Grabbing Hand, Four Essays on Implementation Theory, Learning by Devaluating
• University of the West Indies
Copy edited a scholarly publication on the subject of world economics
Monetary Policy, Central Banking and Economic Performance in the Caribbean
• Elsevier Canada
Managed the complete range of editorial services for several university textbooks, advising and overseeing the work of copy editors, proofreaders, designers and formatters
Medical-Surgical Nursing in Canada, Fundamentals of Nursing
• Canadian Red Cross
Copy edited and proofread various educational publications
Marine Advanced First Aid, Water Safety, Swim Journal, Emergency Care Manual, Red Cross Swim Basic Lesson Plans
• Nelson Thomson
Copy edited a learning resource for elementary-level teachers
Talk About Assessment
Managing editor of elementary, secondary, university, and medical textbooks
• Project planning, scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation, and defining procedures for all Web-based, and new media editorial projects for elementary and secondary educational materials (Harcourt Canada) and medical textbooks (Elsevier Canada).
• Write or repurpose, edit, and proofread content for Web and CD projects including self-test tutorials, eBooks, test banks, Web-based courses and other digital materials.
• Design user interface and prepare HTML layout for all Web and CD projects.
• Collaborate with and advise in-house staff, as well as external resources including content providers, editors, designers, proofreaders and programmers.
• Oversee the work of an in-house editorial team handling all stages of production from author’s submittal of manuscript to publication.
• Coordinate the production of all print, Web-based, and digital educational products.
• Supervise and advise authors, freelance editors, new media specialists and marketing representatives.
• Help with research, planning, scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation and establishing procedures for all projects.
• Manage all stages of production from manuscript to published book for textbooks and other educational materials.
• Hire and supervise editorial and production suppliers strictly adhering to schedules and budgets.
• Write, edit and proofread copy for content, tutorial, promotional, and marketing materials as required.
• Consult with and advise authors regarding their role in the development and production of their books.
Editor for consumer, trade, business, & educational content. I will work with you to refine your work, in your voice, for your audience.
Seattle, WA, United States
Development editor for major publisher, style wrangler, grammar geek.
Garrison, NY, United States