I love books, but even more, I love designing and making books. I’ve worked with publishers and I’ve worked directly with writers and artists on a variety of books, and the one thing they have in common? They all need a designer to create a package where their words can live beautifully, and comfortably. I want to work with you and create the book of your dreams.
I work primarily as a Book Designer, Illustrator and my goal is to help you communicate your idea, translate your vision, share your story — and create a beautiful bridge that connects your work to your ideal audience.
Books, Color, Painting, Listening to Stories, Telling Stories have been my constant companions and I believe these constants — these core experiences — serve me well as a Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Art Director. It's one of my greatest delights to grasp the nuance of a story and get to the heart of the meaning for each one of my projects.
I'd love to hear your story . . .
As a freelance designer, illustrator and art director, I work with a variety of clients — from individuals, small businesses and publishers — to conceptualize, design and produce products, printed collateral and web sites.
My projects have included:
• Book Design • Product Design • Package Design • Collateral Packages • Magazine and Editorial Design • Website Design • Book Cover Illustration • Editorial Illustration • Website Illustration • Logo Design
Select Clients include: DEMDACO Studios • Red Wheel/Weiser Press • Brush Dance • The Daniel Pearl Foundation • Parallax Press • Twentieth Century Fox • Andrews McMeel Publishing • Walt Disney Productions • Warner Brothers • Chronicle Books • Thames & Hudson Publishers • Artistic Studios • Cedco Publishing • Amcal Publishing
Managed, designed and produced large volumes of Seasonal and Everyday custom stationery, gift and dated products for high profile clients such as Barnes and Noble, Target Stores, as well as specialty shops all over the country.
• Supervised freelance designers and production artists.
• Oversaw all phases of the creative process: design and production approvals, proofing, trafficking, shipping, archiving and reviewing pre-production samples.
• Established a clear design direction and color palette for multiple product lines, and a variety of licensed artists.
• Cultivated and signed new artists to add to and compliment the existing look and line of Brush Dance products.
• Conceptualized and developed new lines of stationery.
• Designed marketable paper products: stationery sets, personal care product sets, wall decor, die-cut greeting cards, magnets, photo albums, journals, note cards, notepads, calendar etc.
• Created all catalog and collateral materials—including designing booths for the annual Stationery Show and other trade shows for the gift industry.
• Expanded Brush Dance's line of wall calendar to include Date Books, and Pocket Engagements
• Researched current trends in the gift and stationery markets.
• Developed and updated all product templates, die-lines and production files.
• Consistently met deadlines while managing and designing for multiple projects.
• Senior Designer and production team supervisor for calendar product line of 250+ titles.
• Developed, created and managed projects from design phase to finished product.
• Worked with licensors: Warner Brothers (Harry Potter), Walt Disney Studios, Fox Television, LucasFilm, WB Network, Animal Planet, World Wildlife Fund, and New Line Cinema.
• Supervised freelance production assistants.
By the time she was thirty-three years old, Christine Mason Miller had it all - a thriving career as an artist, a husband who loved her, and a home with an ocean view. In less than a year, it all fell apart. After recovering from a year that involved an affair, a divorce, and a cancer diagnosis, she found herself married into a new blended family that forced her to confront all her broken idea... read more
Listening to our Grandmothers is a new collection of wonderful stories from real women, which warm you up inside.These five inspiring women have lived through seven decades during which the world has changed beyond our imagining. In Listening to our Grandmothers Mhina presents the stories of five grandmothers and in doing so not only illuminates individual lives lived through a period of trans... read more
It started as a private correspondence between two makers. What emerged was a powerful practice for the not-lost art of friendship. On the verge of major milestones two storytellers--author/illustrator Tim Manley and filmmaker Jen Lee--began a modern correspondence that catches the quiet moments, their time in the spotlight and the parts of the journey that fall somewhere in between. It's a pr... read more
Live a more mindful life throughout the year with this calendar featuring breathtaking art and reflective words of wisdom Monthly Quotes:January: Less is more. - Robert BrowningFebruary: Love is the absence of judgment. - Dalai LamaMarch: The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. - Eleanor Roosev... read more
Doors and Windows from around the world remind us of times gone by and inspire us to seize the opportunities that lay ahead. Our vivid collection of images evokes a new appreciation of the beauty that surrounds us. Monthly Quotes: January: Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become. - AnonFebruary: When we are no longer able to change a situat... read more
More than two decades ago, noted author, artist and teacher Mary Anne Radmacher, was beginning her chosen path--to live with purpose, to make a difference. She lost a dear friend and she wrote these words, which have appeared wrapped around mugs, on carry bags and journals, day planners, refrigerator magnets, and posters. In her new book she expands these words to invite readers to explore wha... read more
She is a book of qualities illustrating the greatness of women. From "everywoman" to exemplars such as Madame Secretarys Hillary Clinton and Madeline Albright to visionary artist Shiloh McCloud and poet Maya Stein, these many women represent the very best in the human spirit. Author/artists Mary Anne Radmacher and Liz Kalloch have gathered these fierce and feisty females along with their best ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.