• Lead marketer devising digital strategy for consumer and retail marketing campaigns; assigned 30-40 titles a year.
• Books of note: Lust & Wonder by Augusten Burroughs (NYT bestseller); All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood (huge Goodreads buzz, New York Times bestseller); Rise by Cara Brookins (February Indie Next Pick list and Barnes & Noble’s newly-launched “What We’re Reading” program)
• Email marketing manager of St. Martin’s First, a biweekly B2B industry newsletter that showcases original author content and releases seasonal samplers for e-retailers; increased newsletter sign ups and improved open rates significantly
• Inflluencer outreach to book bloggers, book clubs, and independent booksellers to build early buzz for titles
• Developed social media engagement and content plans, including the creation of social whims in Photoshop and Canva for title promotion; planned and analyzed online advertising campaigns, online sweepstakes, and paid social media.
•Create original content with a literary and pop culture spin at, including listicles, quizzes, polls, interviews, and more.
• Community and project manager on Touchstone vertical, (launched Spring 2015) – coordinated with web designer/developer to craft editorial vision and brand messaging; posted original content with corresponding social posts
• Project manager on Touchstone imprint site redesign – relayed marketing team design requests and updates with central digital team, testing Ceros offerings against imprint user design requests
• Contributor to Touchstone and Glommable’s social media presence - reported on digital trends in social media
• Title marketer for several fiction titles; presented 2-3 titles a season for pre-sales and sales conferences; created tipsheets for major fiction and nonfiction titles, from debuts to established authors.
•Organized and maintained seasonal lists, including timelines for marketing and publicity efforts
If you were inspired by Wild and Eat, Pray, Love, you’ll love this extraordinary true story of a woman taking the greatest risk of her life in order to heal from the unthinkable. After escaping an abusive marriage, Cara Brookins had four children to provide for and no one to turn to but herself. In desperate need of a home but without the means to buy one, she did something incredible. Equippe... read more
A beautiful and provocative love story between two unlikely people and the hard-won relationship that elevates them above the Midwestern meth lab backdrop of their lives.As the daughter of a drug dealer, Wavy knows not to trust people, not even her own parents. It's safer to keep her mouth shut and stay out of sight. Struggling to raise her little brother, Donal, eight-year-old Wavy is the onl... read more
In January 2016, the unexpected death of David Bowie rocked the globe. For millions of people, he was an icon celebrated for his music, his film and theatrical roles, and his trendsetting influence on fashion and gender norms. But no one from her inner circle has told the story of how David Jones—a young folksinger, dancer, and aspiring mime—became one of the most influential artists of our ti... read more
The instant New York Times bestsellerLust: 1. intense sexual desire or appetite2.a passionate or overmastering desire or craving3.ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish.Wonder: 1. something strange and surprising; a cause of surprise, astonishment,or admiration2. the emotion excited by what is strange and surprising; a feeling of surprised or puzzled interest, sometimes tinged with admiration3. a mir... read more
As a baby, Pumpkin the Raccoon was abandoned by her parents after falling out of a tree and breaking her leg. Taken in by a family with two rescue dogs, Toffee and Oreo, Pumpkin gained a new set of "parents" and a life of luxury in the Bahamas.Pumpkin: The Raccoon Who Thought She Was a Dog is a sweet, unique look at an adorable household pet, captured in gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.