Hi there! I am a freelance developmental editor, proof-reader, and copy-editor with experience working with fiction and technical writing. My area of greatest expertise, so far, is the role-playing games niche of publishing. The unique aspect of RPG editing is the mixture of technical writing (to accurately convey rules and how they interact with each other) and narrative fiction (necessary to set the tone and guide players to a more enjoyable experience once they put the book down). I also specialized in speculative fiction, both the science fiction and fantasy sides, mysteries (especially noir), horror, and short stories. I am queer and poly-friendly for anyone looking for an editor familiar with those spaces.
My signature project so far has been workings as the project editor on the successfully Kickstarted role-playing system Red Markets, a post-apocalypse economic horror game where the world has ended and the rent is still due.
• Enforcing style guide under tight deadline to ensure manuscript access before the closure of an on-going Kickstarter campaign.
• Editing for clarity and copy-editing of a 217K+ manuscript
• Developed and wrote the project style guide
• Performed developmental editing
o Primarily pulled together similar information from disparate parts of the manuscript into consistent locations
o Noted areas in need of further development by the project writers
o Noted areas in need of further play testing
• Developed and wrote project style guide for a critically acclaimed, successfully Kickstarted intellectual property.
• Performed developmental and copy-editing of 251K+ word manuscript
o Manuscript contained a mix of technical and fiction writing
o As directed, focused on bringing down the word count
• Successfully cut 10% of the original word count without loosing technical rules, setting information, or significantly impacting the tone of the writing
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I successfully completed fifty projects specializing in political and current events, leadership, suspense thrillers, romance and history.
I'm a meticulous copyeditor with 20 years of publishing experience and a former production editor at Warner Books.