● Working on market-leading picture books including the Oi Frog! series, Giraffes Can't Dance, The Lion Inside series and the Ten Little series, from writing copy to copyediting to briefing artwork and cover designs.
● Editing picture books texts from first draft to final text, working closely with authors to develop concepts and shape narratives
● Writing and editing IP projects, working with design and illustrators to bring each story to life.
● Liaising with agents and reading and reporting on submissions from both authors, and author/illustrators.
● Assisted the Publishing Director of Wildfire (an imprint of Headline) on a high-profile international licensing project with Epic Games and global phenomenon Fortnite, in association with several Hachette divisions worldwide
● Researched the brand and market in order to brainstorm ideas for formats, wrote creative copy and TI sheets for all products, including stationery and children’s titles, and carried out edits on marketing and publicity materials
● Briefed designers and writers on covers and content, marked up proofs and communicated feedback in a timely manner, as the main point of contact for Hachette US, the packagers, designers and the licensing agency
● Working on a broad range of adult's commercial fiction including brand authors Jill Mansell, Sheila O'Flanagan and Simon Scarrow as well as more literary works by authors including Sue Monk Kidd.
● Reading and reporting on submissions, as well as working with all fiction editors to develop in-house book ideas, as part of the IP creation team
● Liaising with authors and agents on a daily basis as well as freelance proofreaders and copy-editors to make key editorial decisions
● Organising and running a weekly youth club for 70 children aged 4-11 and training up to 20 youth leaders aged 14-16 how to write and run activity programmes
● Writing fun, imaginative and age-appropriate activities and editing programmes written by the wider team
● Running annual summer schemes for children from all backgrounds in the UK and then abroad in the USA and Belarus, based around a variety of themes (back to the future, around the world, dreams), with educational undertones
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm an experienced editor, proofreader and wordsmith ready to help YOU put the finishing touches on your manuscript.
Getting feedback doesn't have to be an overwhelming experience. I work to ensure your hand is held through every step of the process.