Writer and editor seeking editing jobs. Experience includes substantive editing, copy editing, and proofreading. Looking for more experience to round out my skills.
Substantive: Memoir/Cookbook, Parenting, Young Adult/Historical Fiction, Self-Help, Health & Well-Being
Copy Editing: Mostly journalism but I've done copy editing in all works that I've edited or proofread
Proofreading: Self-Help, Children's, Gardening, Health/Cookbook
• Project Editor for the novel The Andersens of Eden (released 10/2017), completing substantive editing, copy editing, and proofreading for the book.
• Sought endorsements and assisted with marketing strategies and scheduling readings.
• As intern: Substantive Editor on two books published in 2016 (52 Weeks of Cookies (3/2016) and From Teens to Tweens: The Parent’s Guide to Preparing Girls for Adolescence (6/2016)) and proofreader for five additional books (three children's books, a self-help book, and a gardening guide). As freelancer: Substantive/Developmental Editor of Fail Brilliantly: Exploding the Myths of Failure and Success (9/2017); substantive editor of Timmy’s Monster Diary (8/2017) and Debunking the Bump (forthcoming).
• As intern: Attended weekly training meetings electronically with supervisor and two other colleagues for training in various topics including substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading, document tagging, document design, Chicago style, marketing, and international considerations
• Communicated electronically with authors and supervisor, and managed time zone differences to meet deadlines
Single mother Maggie McCreath couldn't decide which was worse: the fact that her only son (not yet twenty-one) was off to war in Iraq for the second time or the fact that they had only five days to prepare. Even more frightening, she knew that he would be part of the Surge and, as a paratrooper in the 82nd Division of the Army, the tip of the spear. What she did not know what she couldn't even... read more
All parents want their daughters to become confident, happy, self-sufficient women, but the turbulent years of early adolescence can be difficult to navigate. From Tweens to Teens invites parents to rethink how they prepare their daughters to face these difficult developmental years. In this groundbreaking guide, psychotherapist and educator Maria Clark Fleshood encourages parents to revive g... read more
We all spend much of our lives trying to cope with failure; sometimes we try to assign value to it, but failure looms as a debilitating concept in millions of lives, affecting children and adults alike. Fail Brilliantly proposes a radical shift: erase the word and concept of failure from the realms of education and human endeavors. Replace it with new words and concepts. This shift in position... read more
Meet Timmy, a lovable monster who can't get enough of the coolest gadgets and video games. Too bad he doesn't realize how much time he spends each day in front of a screen. In the same humorous spirit of Diary of a Wimpy Kid comes Timmy's Monster Diary: Screen Time Stress (St4 Mindfulness Book for Kids). Using the time-telling and ST4 techniques developed by Dr. Raun Melmed of the Melmed Cente... read more
For the Andersen family, life on the family farm near the small Iowa town of Eden was like its namesake - paradise. They happily accepted a life of hard work and a marginal income. Living simply, they were grateful for what they had. Their joy in life grew from their faith, wholesome farm life, a strong work ethic, treasured traditions, and love for each other. On December 7, 1941, when the Ja... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.