LearningMate Solutions is a global e-learning company creating online educational experiences by conceptualizing, designing, and producing interactive content through the use of digital and mobile technologies.
• Primary focus on talent sourcing and strategy, project staff planning and development as well as skills
assessments and performance management for all freelance talent. Proactively planned, sourced, and managed the onboarding process for freelance talent for all projects including pre-sales proposals.
• The primary objective of U.S. Editorial Services Division was to build support & ancillary products (such as online courses, test banks, instructor guides, etc.) containing appropriate content in connection with college-level textbooks.
• LearningMate serves all of the higher education publishers in the U.S. and helps clients bring their products into the digital education marketplace.
Offering authors and independent publishers a complete suite of editorial skills, strategy, and direction for print-on-demand and traditional print projects to help bring their books/products to a wider readership.
• Support writers in pursuing dual excellences both in creative writing and preparing for the publishing process. Substantive and line editing in preparation for submission to agents & publishers, as agreed upon.
• Provide assessment of proposals, projects, and manuscripts; meet with editorial professionals to determine scope and viability of anticipated project(s). Upon acceptance, negotiate contracts between all parties involved.
• Deliver feedback on writing & editorial guidance, and publishing advice for authors, including book proposals & query letters, agent & publisher research, social network marketing & e-book projects.
• Lead a small cooperative of editorial & creative writing specialists to bridge the gap between traditional print and digital publishing technologies.
Cosimo Books is a specialty publisher using digital technologies to publish quality titles in the trade category.
• Managed backlist of more than 2,800 titles across 4 imprints; an additional primary responsibility consisted of contributing marketing ideas and developing sales strategies for existing titles, including development of targeted acquisitions list. Co-implemented and further developed Cosimo Classics as well as Cosimo Reports imprints as two separate product lines.
• Managed workflow for 12 direct reports including provided editorial and production guidance for each team member. Focused on skill building for interns, including channel management projects related to backlist titles.
• Improved publishing model by managing multiple deadlines and adjusted pre-press timetables, as necessary; control the direction of efforts by freelance editors & designers.
• Prepared manuscripts and reprints for production, and worked with graphic designers on competitive book packaging and all related marketing materials for each Cosimo Books project.
• Oversaw yearlong project to convert Cosimo’s publishing process to fully functional digital database/digital warehouse.
The SCPS Center for Publishing provides a solid foundation in book and magazine publishing, and digital media.
It prepares for the opportunities afforded by the convergence of traditional and digital media.
• The Master of Science degree program develops the competencies of content creation and editing, while also emphasizing the business, digital media, and marketing skills necessary to secure leadership roles in the industry.
Jurika & Voyles managed over $7 billion in individual and institutional assets under management. Company was purchased by New England Investment Companies, known in the investment community as Nvest.
• Advised writers to exercise tact when requiring changes in an investment “story.” Helped research stakeholders be aware of new developments in their respective field(s) and demonstrate good judgment from developing story ideas to determining the placement of articles in a publication and/or on a website.
• Evaluated the technical and grammatical accuracy of research work to ensure research correct citations and guided authors on changes in style, content, and organization.
• Maintained solid grasp of technical and specialized investment information in revising articles and fixed-income research reports to improve their readability.
Eclectic British scholar SABINE BARING-GOULD (1834-1924) inspired My Fair Lady, wrote the hymn "Onward Christian Soldiers," and published more than five hundred literary works. Among his foremost folkloric studies is 1865's The Book of Werewolves, the first serious academic study of the shape-shifters of mythological lore. "This work is the most frequently cited early study of lycanthropy and ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
An editorial Swiss Army knife. I've done it all for the trade market for over a decade—development editing, copy editing, and proofreading.
Copy editor and proofreader with expertise in business, food and drink, history, politics, psychology and self-help.