- Ensure outward facing communications are effective
- Develop and deliver marketing campaigns
- Project manage marketing campaigns for specific titles
- Organise and attend events
- Forge strong relationships with key partners and trade customers
- Create materials to support marketing campaigns (display units, banners, showcards, posters, etc), including briefing designer
- Write copy
- Help to create product catalogues and information sheets for book fairs
- Put book award applications together
- Wrote press releases and circulated to relevant media contacts
- Managed and created content marketing plans for all SYP branches
- Wrote copy and ran SYP_UK Twitter
- Live-tweeted at events
- Wrote blog posts
- Created and sent out monthly MailChimp emails
- Created artwork for promotions using Canva
- Increased ticket sales through promotions
• Plan, organise and execute large events such as open days and award ceremonies.
• Create materials for print, including brochures, flyers, posters.
• Create digital marketing materials including social media banners and website content with use of Canva.
• Use a DSLR camera to take photos and Photoshop to edit them.
• Create a consistent voice and tone across social media platforms, schedule posts and record them on a content calendar.
• Create reports on engagement, and plan and deliver digital marketing campaigns accordingly.
• Work in coordination with other team members to execute marketing strategies in-line with the budget.
• Create blog posts and write news stories, adding keywords for SEO.
• Update the website and compose course content.
• Create emails for target audiences using MailChimp and use SurveyMonkey to carry out market research.
I created the marketing strategy for Matthew Todd's 2019 release 'Pride'. This involved working with over ten Waterstones stores on a book tour, the briefing of marketing materials, working with trade partners on competitions and tying together digital strategy under #whyihavepride.
I have written blog posts for a range of online audiences in order to indirectly publicise books. Below is an example of a post I wrote for Bullies Out used to inform and engage those that work with young children on difficult topics such as bullying, in recommendation of 'Stand Up, Stand Out!'.
I composed and wrote the winning application for The Bookseller's FutureBook of The Year Award. I worked in-house to collate relevant information and used my content writing skills to collate a clear, concise and persuasive argument for The Ghostkeeper's Journal and Field Guide to take home FutureBook of the Year in 2018.
Initiated and set up a partnership with Cauldron Foods (CF) to promote 'How to Go Meat Free' via Cauldron Foods' Veganuary campaign. This involved a giveaway on CF' Facebook page (69k followers) and top tips from 'How to Go Meat Free' appearing as featured content on CF' Veganuary landing page.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.