- Ensure outward facing communications are effective
- Develop and deliver marketing campaigns
- Project manage marketing campaigns for specific titles
- Organise and attend events
- Forge strong relationships with key partners and trade customers
- Create materials to support marketing campaigns (display units, banners, showcards, posters, etc), including briefing designer
- Write copy
- Help to create product catalogues and information sheets for book fairs
- Put book award applications together
- Wrote press releases and circulated to relevant media contacts
- Managed and created content marketing plans for all SYP branches
- Wrote copy and ran SYP_UK Twitter
- Live-tweeted at events
- Wrote blog posts
- Created and sent out monthly MailChimp emails
- Created artwork for promotions using Canva
- Increased ticket sales through promotions
• Plan, organise and execute large events such as open days and award ceremonies.
• Create materials for print, including brochures, flyers, posters.
• Create digital marketing materials including social media banners and website content with use of Canva.
• Use a DSLR camera to take photos and Photoshop to edit them.
• Create a consistent voice and tone across social media platforms, schedule posts and record them on a content calendar.
• Create reports on engagement, and plan and deliver digital marketing campaigns accordingly.
• Work in coordination with other team members to execute marketing strategies in-line with the budget.
• Create blog posts and write news stories, adding keywords for SEO.
• Update the website and compose course content.
• Create emails for target audiences using MailChimp and use SurveyMonkey to carry out market research.
I created the marketing strategy for Matthew Todd's 2019 release 'Pride'. This involved working with over ten Waterstones stores on a book tour, the briefing of marketing materials, working with trade partners on competitions and tying together digital strategy under #whyihavepride.
I have written blog posts for a range of online audiences in order to indirectly publicise books. Below is an example of a post I wrote for Bullies Out used to inform and engage those that work with young children on difficult topics such as bullying, in recommendation of 'Stand Up, Stand Out!'.
I composed and wrote the winning application for The Bookseller's FutureBook of The Year Award. I worked in-house to collate relevant information and used my content writing skills to collate a clear, concise and persuasive argument for The Ghostkeeper's Journal and Field Guide to take home FutureBook of the Year in 2018.
Initiated and set up a partnership with Cauldron Foods (CF) to promote 'How to Go Meat Free' via Cauldron Foods' Veganuary campaign. This involved a giveaway on CF' Facebook page (69k followers) and top tips from 'How to Go Meat Free' appearing as featured content on CF' Veganuary landing page.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm an award-winning social media + digital marketing specialist with over ten years' experience, and can help you reach the right readers.
Innovative marketer in command of the complete toolkit—print, digital, broadcast, social, email, word of mouth, etc. I thrive on results.