I am freelance graphic designer and illustrator located in Toronto. I have relished the challenges of the design industry for over 20 years experience as a book cover designer, working with major publishers such as St. Martins, Harlequin and Sourcebooks. I take great pride in my knowledge and accomplishments as an award-winning designer and as an expert on the Mac creative platform. Quietly self-confident, my approach to every project is always thorough, exploring every direction to satisfy the requirements of my clients.
• Principal—Design, Illustration and Art Direction.
• Designs and illustrates mass-market/trade/Hardcover book covers.
• Conceptualises and creates designs for various type of sales and marketing collateral including ads
(for print and web), web banners, flash animated ads catalogues, flyers, brochures.
• Manages all administrative tasks including, purchasing, bookkeeping and scheduling and invoicing.
• Clients include St.Martins Press, Harlequin Enterprises Ltd., Sourcebooks, Flux Books, Llewellyn World
wide-Midnight Ink, Maple Tree Press, CSPI Women’s Press, North York Aquatic Club.
• Senior Designer and Manager— Managed 7 in-house designers & 2 freelance designers.
• Managed workflow within the Design department to stay in line with production schedules.
• Evaluated performance of the team members.
• Designed and illustrated mass-market/Trade/Hardcover books
• Conceptualised and created designs for various type of sales and marketing collateral including ads
(for print and web), banners, flashes catalogues, flyers, brochures, shelf talkers, POP materials
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I work from my home studio by the sea. I'm lucky enough to have worked with the Roald Dahl estate & won a World Illustration Award.
Art Director/ Designer with extensive experience in book publishing. Designed packaging across all genres, for numerous bestselling authors.