Since 2011 I have worked as a freelance children's book marketing professional, initially managing all marketing activity for multi-award-winning independent publisher, Nosy Crow. Other publishing clients include Bloomsbury and Usborne.
I'm particularly skilled in the following areas:
- creating exceptional sales material and Point of Sale
- conceiving, copywriting and executing consumer campaigns aimed at children of five and upwards
- ad copywriting
- writing reading group guides/teachers' notes that stimulate engagement with books (great for distribution in library and school networks)
- creating child-friendly content-rich material such as activity sheets that are ideal for author events, and for use in bookshops, schools and libraries
- writing teen-oriented book-based content e.g. Buzzfeed-style quizzes
- providing guidance in writing synopses and pitches
- assisting authors in devising school events, and creating resources for use at events
Conceiving, copywriting and delivering consumer marketing campaigns across outdoor, print and digital media. Books/authors worked on include Where's Wally? Alex Rider, Patrick Ness, Cassandra Clare.
Presenting to bloggers, retailers and librarians.
Leading pitches to agents, authors and promotional partners.
Overseeing all marketing and publicity activity for Macmillan Children's Books, heading a team of five and managing campaigns for the likes of The Gruffalo 10th Anniversary, Young Sherlock and The Immortals YA series.
Conceiving, copywriting and delivering award-winning trade and consumer marketing campaigns across outdoor, print and digital media. Books/authors worked on include Harry Potter, Neil Gaiman, Celia Rees, Mary Hoffman, Angie Sage.
Creating stand-out sell-in material (catalogues, presenters, proof packs) and Point of Sale
Presenting to retailers and librarians.
Leading pitches to agents, authors and promotional partners
Head of children's book buying for all UK Borders and Books etc bookshops
Features a clever little mouse which outwits the creatures of the deep dark wood.
Will be dispatched from UK
Will be dispatched from UK
Seven sensational classic Where's Wally? books packed into a handy travel-size edition.
Rescue Princesses: the Rainbow Opal
Edition Bloomsbury First edition 2007. ISBN: 978-0-7475-9105-4. This new and unread copy remains in very good condition. Immaculate throughout. Prompt dispatch from UK.
My Brother is a Superhero
When Posy goes to stay at Pip's house they have lots of fun together before bedtime. But just as they switch out the light, disaster strikes: Posy realises that she has forgotten her favourite frog toy. Desperate to help his distraught friend, Pip offers Posy a range of different toys to substitute for her frog, including his own favourite frog money box. But none of them will do, "that's the ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.