• Author of "What We Inherit," the true story of my family’s 36-year search to bring a missing son home from the Secret War in Laos (spring 2020, Unnamed Press)
• Freelance editor specializing in SEO for clients like The History Channel and A&E Networks
• Writer of SEO-optimized articles specializing in travel, history, and lifestyle for major publications like Atlas Obscura,, and Refinery29.
• Experienced developmental editor for book-length manuscripts. References available.
• Managed all social channels as the daily voice of our brand across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Increased our engagement rate by 126% across platforms in first six months.
• Defined our brand voice, writing copy for everything from product launches to Facebook ads to out-of-home subway campaigns, our blog, landing pages, and emails.
• Created branded content for partners like Pepsi, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, and Delta Airlines.
• Owned Boxed’s editorial calendar, creating a multi-channel content strategy that drove business.
• Oversaw SEO at Boxed, managing an SEO specialist to create a prioritized road map for success.
• Worked collaboratively with the design team to storyboard, write, provide creative direction, publish, and promote content.
• Directed redesign of Boxed's content hub, presenting strategy to CTO and bringing the blog from an external WordPress site to the ecosystem, closing the attribution loop and creating a shoppable, SEO-optimized content experience for Boxed customers.
• Co-founded and ran The Women’s Leadership Development Series, a monthly speaker series featuring female executives that fostered community and career advancement for the women of Boxed.
• Launched a redesigned and rebranded digital magazine, SOULlife, celebrating stories from the rider community.
• Led a cross-departmental team with members from tech, product, UX, and design while overseeing a social media manager, social media associate, and assistant editor.
• Collaborated with department heads in retail, publicity, talent, and marketing to tell innovative stories about our instructors, riders, and brand evolution.
• Partnered with brands like Coca-Cola's Smartwater and Spotify to launch co-branded custom content and in-person activations at SXSW.
• Directed recruitment, editing, publishing, and promotion of all blogs on HuffPost Black Voices, HuffPost Gay Voices, HuffPost Latino Voices, HuffPost Religion, HuffPost Women, HuffPost 50, and Webby Award-winning HuffPost Parents.
• Consistently recruited and edited pieces that topped site-wide viral traffic lists.
• Managed workflow of hundreds of bloggers while partnering with senior editors from diverse verticals to pitch and share stories.
• Defined and hand-selected the personal stories that graced the front pages of our verticals as well as the front page of.
• Created timely tweets and Facebook posts to promote blogs on @HuffPostBlog (47.6K followers) and our Facebook page (5 million likes).
• Edited posts by influencers such as Valerie Jarrett, Anne-Marie Slaughter, Caitlyn Jenner, Roxane Gay, and Susan Cain.
• Authored personal essays that went viral, including “MIA Solider Laid to Rest 36 Years After Disappearance,” and “7 things I Learned About Love When My Dad Started Online Dating.” The latter grew into a 30-minute live TV segment.
• Conceived and executed membership-expanding campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube; created press releases and conducted aggressive outreach to targeted media contacts.
• Curated timely content for PEN’s blog and social media platforms, including audio features, interviews, and round-ups.
• Ran PEN’s flash fiction contest, PEN Shorts, originating prompts, soliciting submissions, and selecting winning entries.
• Managed and trained a team of dedicated interns, holding weekly “pitch meetings” and assigning projects.
• Hosted talent at the PEN Festival’s hospitality suite, working with authors such as Salman Rushdie, James Franco, and press.
• Reported to the Executive Director and Director of Finance, handling confidential correspondence regarding PEN’s human rights campaigns, finances, and human resources.
• Scheduled, hosted, and took minutes at PEN Board meetings.
• Founded LaNew-Yorkaise.com, a literary review site dedicated to making cultural events in New York City accessible to an international audience.
• Translated and covered French language events for English-speaking audiences.
• Reviewed upcoming fiction and nonfiction releases, with a focus on books in translation.
• Curated an events calendar highlighting book signings, panels, and literary festivals. See less
• Simultaneously assisted the Associate Director of Publicity for Thomas Dunne Books/SMP and a publicity manager at SMP on their full list of titles while formulating publicity strategies for a wide range of fiction and nonfiction on my personal list.
• Scheduled multiple author tours at once, booking travel and scheduling interviews and speaking engagements.
• Wrote press releases and orchestrated review copy mailings and media outreach, prioritizing workflow from two managers.
• Planned book parties.
• Garnered media coverage in high-profile publications such as:
The New York Times
NPR’s “This American Life”
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.