• Create positive relationships with customers by recommending books, solving issues, and providing effective customer service
• Complete Cashier-on-Duty responsibilities such as counting tills, filing daily paperwork, training new hires, and solving customer issues
• Act as host for periodic events such as author signings, craft days, and school promotions
• Increase store profit by up-selling products and promoting store rewards card
• Provide a comprehensive range of freelance writing and editorial services
• Brainstorm new initiatives for social media and web campaigns, as well as ideas for fundraisers and events
• Conducted final proofread of upcoming titles and promotional materials
• Wrote copy for monthly e-newsletter and promotional e-blasts
• Developed and strengthened relationships with pertinent media outlets by distributing press releases and securing authors interviews
• Promoted company products through effective and creative for online and direct mail campaigns
• Coded legal documents for online publication in company database and proofed colleague's work to ensure proper coding was maintained
• Oversaw the timely and accurate uploading of resources by liaising with production department
• Managed records for internal use and performed quality control checks of online database
• Proofed company titles and assisted with substantive edit of new manuscripts
• Wrote promotional, back cover, and catalogue copy
• Designed print advertisements and aided with the formatting and design of spring catalogue
• Developed, formatted, and transmitted all ancillaries for core texts
• Coordinated with Developmental Editor in all stages of editorial process, through acquisition to transmittal to production department
• Conducted market research into global Engineering programs for Acquisitions Editor and assisted with creation of P&L statements for new projects
• Provided regular support to Marketing and Sales departments and completed various administrative duties as required
Beneath the hot Texas sun, one girl is buried under the electrifying force of the occult. From a young age, Isadora Hart has been deeply involved in the world of the Curandero. She lights candles, chants spells, and mixes tonics like the soothsayers of old — just as her father taught. If she once longed to escape from this dark and fantastical world, years of physical and emotional abuse have ... read more
A moving and heartfelt play, Pyaasa illustrates with subtlety and nuanced truth the inequalities and injustices that persist through the Indian caste system. Letters to My Grandma weaves together the remarkable stories of two women, inextricably linking their histories and delving into how the hatred bred between Hindus and Muslims in the Old World consumes families in Canada today.
The series New Essays on Canadian Theatre consists entirely of newly commissioned essays, and the volumes themselves are designed to fill gaps in the critical record, taking new approaches, often from minoritized and under-represented perspectives, and always introducing topics that have never before received book-length coverage. Volume editors and their contributors are scholars, artists, an... read more
Contributors assess the deployments of various emotional registers in theatrical performance and explore how and where the "affective turn" in contemporary humanities scholarship affects theatre studies in Canada.What is it to think feeling, to put the affective dimensions of theatrical experience and its production centre stage? As theatre people, we are well equipped for the challenges of th... read more
This collection of essays aims to contextualize and analyze the work of Daniel MacIvor. Seasoned academics and emerging scholars dissect wide-ranging subjects from MacIvor's repertoire: a study of dance within his plays, the branding of his solo shows, the breakdown of memory in his AIDS play, the troubled formation of identity in his female characters, and more.
A wide variety of award-winning plays, ideal for scene study or just a good read. Includes excerpts from The December Man by Colleen Murphy, Elizabeth Rex by Timothy Findley, Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet) by Ann-Marie MacDonald, Mary's Wedding by Stephen Massicotte, and The Real McCoy by Andrew Moodie.
Dr. Malecki Sadeq guards a dark secret.Beneath the old cathedral on St. James campus lies an evil bound for hundreds of years. Helel’s followers await their chance to reclaim Heaven, and bring eternal damnation to the world.A biblical archaeologist and professor at the university, Dr. Sadeq faces the task of fending off the assault. Unknown to all but Malecki, his adopted son Christopher is th... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm a writer/editor with a particular ability to help people get their books out of their heads and onto the page. Call me a Book Whisperer.
Former English Editor at Book on a Tree specializing in YA and speculative fiction. Career highlights include writing comics for Disney.