I have a broad range of experience within the publishing sector. In the past I have worked with international organisations such as the OECD and projects for the G7 and G20 summits as well as government departments as the Royal Air Force. I have also worked on consumer and B2B magazines as well as a number of book projects on aviation history and science fiction.
I am confident in art direction, typography, illustration, infographics, cartography and photo retouching. I have a strong knowledge of pre-press and printing processes with proven experience managing printers.
Working remotely, but closely with the following clients:
Designing artwork for advertisers (Anydata, Agua Via) appearing in Raconteur’s weekly reviews distributed with The Times newspaper.
Created an eBook series that reinforced their status as a thought-leader in the recruitment and technology sector. Designing email templates and landing pages, mapping out an effective user journey for the distribution of the eBooks.
(Priority Pass, Collinson Latitude)
Working on a variety of projects from Infographics, marketing material such as brochures and event stands to pitch documents and presentations.
Developing and creating publications for the Royal Air Force, RAF Museum Hendon, Atlantic Treaty Association, COMSEA, Healthcare in London and Amber.
Designed Migena Topciu’s MG Academy 2018 Look Book.
• Working closely with marketing stakeholders and project owners to help deliver compelling, creative print and digital collateral.
• Help organise and ensure optimum design workflow
• Ensure brand guidelines are relevant and up-to-date
• Managing Junior designer and freelancers
• Collaborate with the team to help cross-pollinate ideas for various other projects.
• The visual look and feel of the company’s publications and marketing material
• Generating cover and layout designs in multiple languages, setting style guides and sourcing images
• Creating proposal presentations for new business
• Presenting design concepts to company directors and clients
• Developing publication for digital editions on iPad and working with external web developers for websites
• Coordinated and designed the feature walls for the company’s new central London office
• Managing a team of two art editors plus freelance designers
• Supporting the editor-in-chief, editorial team and production department
• Overseeing the work-flow of projects, working within a budget and liaising with the sales and marketing department
• Building relationships with suppliers, obtaining quotes and technical information from printers as well as negotiating rates with image libraries
• Representing the company at various events, most recently for the British Army Journal launch at Church House, and Invest in the Czech Republic at the Czech Republic Embassy
Clients and partners: Royal Air Force; British Army; Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA); G7 and G20 Research Group at the University of Toronto; OECD; London Stock Exchange Group; FIA Europe; WIEF; ICSS; African Union; Nigerian High Commission, London; South African Government; The Republic of Kazakhstan Government; Czech Republic Government
RAF Coltishall Fighter StationMike Jennings MBEComprehensive 304-page history of the famous Battle of Britain fighter station which sadly closed in 2006. Fifteen chapters, seven of which cover World War Two operations with details of every squadron and the extensive action they saw whilst serving at Coltishall. The many characters who passed through the station also feature; including Douglas ... read more
1st Old Forge Publishing edition 2008 hardcover fine book in fine dw In stock shipped from our UK warehouse
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.