Close this message
Walnut Creek, CA, United States
Freelance copy editor and proofreader and a lover of words with a passion to help make your writing print ready.
Sign up below to request a quote.
I am a grammar and punctuation nerd, and I love what I do! My job is to catch those mistakes that most people overlook, allowing you to focus on your writing. In addition to correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and formatting errors I also offer light fact checking to ensure your writing is error free.
I have a tremendous respect for writers and understand how difficult and, at times, frustrating the writing process can be. With this knowledge, I see myself as an advocate for your writing and want to help you communicate your thoughts and ideas in the exact way that you intend. Let me put my meticulous eye for detail to use for you!
New Heights Educational Group Inc.
• Proofread and fact-check website content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and formatting errors to ensure clear, succinct and error-free copy.
• Edit press releases, newsletters, grant proposals, emails, banners, marketing material and a book authored by NHEG.
• Fact-check content as well as provide heavier substantive editing when needed, referencing the Associated Press Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style.
Custom Frame Solutions
• Corrected grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting errors, referencing the AP stylebook and approved house style to maintain consistency throughout e-commerce website and project desired professional image.
• Used content management system to implement changes to Web content.
• Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting errors for product design company.
• Edit website, corporate correspondence and various official and legal documents, referencing the AP stylebook and Chicago Manual.
Baha'i World Center
• Edited, proofread and fact-checked official, time-sensitive correspondence reaching over six million readers worldwide along with various reports, documents and brochures.
• Referenced the Chicago Manual and in-house style and standards, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Edited both hard copy as well as digital copy using official proofreader marks.
• Collaborated with a culturally diverse team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Trained new staff and spear headed special projects.
• Maintained, updated and organized training material and in-house style guides.
Tahirih Justice Center
• Aided immigration legal team in research and assembling case filings and client intake phone interviews in Spanish and Persian.
• Assisted in the design and production of the newsletters and annual report, including photography and writing content.
• Managed general correspondence, schedules and meetings.
National Women's Council of Ireland
• Researched government policies, professional journals and literature to summarize information relevant to policy change.
• Assisted in interest group outreach and research of challenges facing a diverse group of women.
Professional editor with over a decade of experience at W. W. Norton, FSG, and top-tier indies.
Brooklyn, NY, United States
I have ten years of editorial experience at major publishing houses and specialize in narrative and illustrated nonfiction for adults.
New York, NY, United States