Close this message
Walnut Creek, CA, United States
San Francisco-based editor and writer with over eight years of experience.
Sign up below to request a quote.
For over eight years, I have been helping businesses grow through well-proofed and strategic copy with clients such as Travelocity, eBay, and StubHub.
I have a tremendous respect for writers, and I see myself as an advocate for your writing. I want to help you communicate your thoughts and ideas in the exact way that you intend. Let me put my meticulous eye to work for you, so you can focus on the content!
Scripted is an online content marketplace with over 80,000 freelance employees and ranking as one of the top five online writer communities. Some clients include eBay, StubHub, and Travelocity. As Scripted's editor, I provide the following services:
- Copyedit articles, Web pages, product descriptions, social media marketing content, and e-books.
- Collaborate with team of writers to ensure copy adheres to client guidelines with proper tone and voice and maintains Scripted's high editorial standards.
- Eliminate awkward wording, phrasing, and repetition.
- Correct errors in formatting and structure.
- Fact check claims and sources.
- Write and correct headlines.
- Fix spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes, referencing the Associated Press Stylebook.
New Heights Educational Group Inc.
New Heights Educational Group is a nonprofit organization that promotes literacy for children and adults by offering a range of educational support resources. Some of my responsibilities include:
- Copyediting press releases, newsletters, grant proposals, emails, banners, marketing material, and an e-book authored by New Heights Educational Group.
- Proofreading website content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and formatting errors, referencing the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Providing substantive editing when needed to ensure clear and succinct copy.
Custom Frame Solutions
As the copy editor for a thriving e-commerce website, I provided the following services:
- Created a custom style sheet to ensure consistency of spelling and phrases throughout website.
- Corrected grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Reworded awkward phrasing and eliminated repetition.
- Made changes to content using CMS for online publishing.
Skowak Inc. is a successful tech consulting company specializing in UX design with clients such as SunPower, Fidelity, and Staples. My responsibilities included:
- Proofreading, writing, and editing copy on its website, B2B marketing communications, and various official and legal documents, referencing the AP Stylebook.
- Planning, developing, and managing content for product design website.
Baha'i World Center
The Baha'i World Center is the spiritual and administrative center for the worldwide Baha'i community. As a copy editor, I did the following:
- Edited, proofread, and fact checked reports, documents, brochures, and official correspondence reaching over six million readers worldwide.
- Managed and trained new staff, updated and maintained house style guides, and handled time-sensitive and special projects.
- Collaborated with a culturally diverse team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Referenced the Chicago Manual and in-house style and standards to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Edited hard copy using official proofreader marks and implemented approved changes in digital copy using Microsoft Word.
Tahirih Justice Center
The Tahirih Justice Center is a nonprofit organization providing pro bono legal services, policy advocacy, and service referrals to immigrant women facing gender-based persecution. As the administrative assistant, I contributed by:
- Aiding legal team in researching country conditions and assembling case filings.
- Conducting client intakes in Spanish and Persian.
- Assisting in the design and production of the newsletters and annual report, including photography and writing content.
- Managing general correspondence, schedules, and meetings.
National Women's Council of Ireland
The National Women's Council of Ireland is the leading women's advocacy group in Ireland. As a summer intern, my work included:
- Researching government policies and professional journals and literature on topics relevant to policy change.
- Assisting in interest group outreach and researching challenges facing a diverse group of women.
- Providing general clerical support as needed.
I am a qualified copy editor, proofreader and manuscript appraiser, with four years' experience in the industry.
Windsor, United Kingdom
Non-fiction editor with 10 years' experience in leading UK publishing houses, working with authors to make their books the best they can be.
London, United Kingdom