With a passion for travel, writing, and communications, I have worked in editorial, media, and academic fields. I have publishing experience with print and online magazines, literary journals, and travel guides. My expertise in evaluating manuscripts, helping authors develop content, editing work for substance and style, and copy editing, comes through in my current role as an editor with Hachette Book Group for Moon travel guides. As an editor, I understand how to navigate the challenges of creating detailed, well-produced publications, as well as the importance of collaboration. I also work hard to maintain the author's voice.
In addition to my non-fiction work, I also have experience working with short-story fiction for various literary journals, where I've served as a managing editor and a manuscript reader. I earned an MFA in creative writing with an emphasis in fiction from Emerson College in Boston, and a BA in film and media studies from the University of California, Irvine.
When I’m not editing, I am writing (or, at least, thinking about writing). Articles I have written have appeared in The Huffington Post,, Business Insider, Matador Network, and The Culture-ist.
• Managed the on-time production of approximately 10 titles per year; assisted with an additional 8 titles per year
• Worked with authors to fulfill new edition plans and ensure the delivery of satisfactory sample chapters, manuscripts, and revisions
• Coordinated with production and cartography departments to identify photo, art, and map needs
• Evaluated manuscripts, developed content, edited work for substance and style, and wrote jacket copy
• Reviewed and approved page proofs at all stages
• Implemented bias-free language and increased coverage of wheelchair accessible sites in books
• Hired and managed freelance copy editors, proofreaders, and indexers for assigned titles
• Edited website copy and formal email announcements to students and faculty
• Edited brochures, flyers, and posters for student organizations and events
• Proofread and edited admissions offer letters and fellowship letters
• Pitched and wrote weekly online travel features, conducted interviews, and covered events
• Edited, fact-checked, and laid out articles on the back-end of the website
• Established an intern outreach program with universities and assisted with intern hiring
• Collaborated with editors-in-chief on selecting and editing short stories for each issue.
• Created and edited website
• Taught undergraduate composition and research/travel writing courses
• Graded and edited student papers, which consisted of literary essays and travel articles
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Developmental editor and acquisitions editor of more than 300 titles pertaining to nature, popular science, and wildlife.
Devoted line editor, copyeditor, and proofreader specializing in literary fiction, historical fiction, translated novels, and cookbooks.