• Seventeen years editorial and product management experience, developing and editing content, acquring new content, communicating market research, business requirements, budgets, schedules, product options, and enhancements to cross-functional teams in efforts to continually improve product quality.
Acquire, manage, and execute the eBook and print publications of trade books (children’s stories, holistic wellness, estate planning); identify pricing, packaging, distrubution, and publishing partners, as well as provide publishing and marketing services. Advise self-publishing authors on digital (blogs) and print content strategy. Authored content and developed feature pedagogy for a new principles of management book written by award-winning Harvard Business School instructors; managed development of feature instructor notes. Developed main text series for college success market; managed author team, schedule, revision plan, and editorial responsibilities.
Managed editorial team, coordinated revenue and operating income goals, facilitated cross-functional team collaboration, and strategized future of organization’s single largest digital product (an interactive online tool designed to assess students’ knowledge of Microsoft Office products). Negotiated acquisition of new content from external digital content providers. Partnered with digital product and project managers, marketing managers, and sales representatives to identify product enhancements, product improvement actions, packaging, and new product and revenue opportunities to maximize sales and exceed customer expectations. Product revenue increased 101% from 2009 to 2010.
• Defined new authoring models, means of delivery, schedules, and efficient work processes, streamlining development of digital content to meet market needs. Obtained and assessed market information through competitive reviews, web searches, product reviews, sales, and industry conferences. Collaborated with cross-functional teams to evaluate digital requirements, schedules, and budgets. Mentored team in implementing division-wide digital initiatives and developing shared content for use across programs.
• Managed digital products contributing to sales in excess of $42 million and 15% growth in 2007.
• Led a cross-functional team of six key decision makers in an unpredictable environment, launching complex digital homework for a strategic initiative against a tight deadline; the project came in under deadline and budget.
• Demonstrated digital product lines to a career school, resulting in over $500,000 in a single sale.
• Developed a new data asset organizational tool, facilitating communication between division-wide cross-functional teams, leading to 50% improvement in efficiency; trained colleagues as necessary.
• Managed the authoring, development, and launch of over 800 static and algorithmic, auto-graded digital homework exercises, resulting in the retention of existing market share and increasing sales by $400,000.
• Collaborated with external consultants, creating a division-wide workflow within a data asset management system.
• Trained colleagues on use and implementation of digital asset management system.
• Successfully managed and analyzed a pilot project designed to digitize textbook content; constructed workflow for all subsequent digital textbooks.
Age Level: 9 - 12 | Grade Level: 4th and upThe name’s Jake G. Panda, and I'm a wildlife investigator. I work in the protection business at a flophouse for endangered animals called the Last Resort. I'm the hotel snoop. The resident fuzz. I never go looking for trouble, but it always seems to find me. This hilarious first installment of THE ENDANGERED FILES is a wild and woolly adventure myster... read more
How are leaders successfully managing competitive companies in the 21st century? Gulati/Mayo/Nohria's MANAGEMENT - PRELIMINARY EDITION, by award-winning instructors and prominent Harvard business experts, addresses the many integrated facets in answering this key question to help you effectively prepare for successful leadership now and in the future. As a manager you will be confronted with c... read more
Steve Staley and Constance Staley's FOCUS ON COLLEGE AND CAREER SUCCESS is uniquely equipped to turn the tides regarding retention among first-year college students, particularly at career, technical, and proprietary schools. Visually appealing, research-based, and highly motivational, this text thoroughly engages students with direct applications and immediate results. Steve Staley has been t... read more
With increased attention paid to diversity, the application of skills to future careers, and even more relatable research, the third edition of FOCUS ON COLLEGE SUCCESS recognizes the varied experiences of today's students and guides them to be more motivated and focused. The research-based approach builds a solid foundation allowing students see the relevancy of this course to their lives. By... read more
Prepare for success in management today with this brief, streamlined approach from leading management author Ricky Griffin. FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT, 7E offers a strong theoretical and functional framework clearly organized around the functions of management with a concise presentation that offers the flexibility to add cases, exercises or projects. The book's proven balance of theory and pr... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.