My name is Colleen, and I’m a book designer who specializes in books by entrepeneurs, crime authors, and history specialists. I've helped 270+ publishers bring over 690 titles from word processor documents to press and sell more books. I'm ready to help you, too!
The best book designs start where I do: market and user research. Don’t settle for designers who make pretty pictures. Let’s create a design and publishing strategy so you can publish with confidence.
I've worked with a diverse group of clients, from traditional publishers like Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Press, to USA Today best-selling independent authors, to publishing consultants who need a reliable, quality book designer for their clients. My business was built on referrals from other excellent professionals.
Individual authors whom I've worked with include:
• Mimi Matthews (USA Today best-selling author)
• Wayne Stinnett, (2019-2020 president of Novelists, Inc (NINC))
• Alice Archer (Top Book of 2016 in the HEA USA Today column Rainbow Trends)
• Marianne Fox (Winner of the Nautilus Gold Award in YA Fiction)
I've been working in independent publishing since 2011, and offer clients consulting and hands-on publishing assistance alongside my design work. My process is broken down into clear and concise phases before we even begin. You’ll always know where we're at with your project from beginning to end.
Right now I'm accepting projects that include full book packaging design, which is the print and ebook covers and interiors, as well as offering project management and first-month, post-publishing author support.
Ready to start? Submit a request and we'll set up a time to do a quick, 15-minute zoom chat to discuss your project and get to know each other a little. I can't wait to hear from you!
Book designer. There are so many minute elements of book cover and interior design, that I decided to specialize in it. My responsibilities to books include:
• In-depth research of the author’s target readership as well as bestsellers in their genre
• Complete book packaging designed especially for their book
• Pagination design from the ground up
• A deep review of the text to inform design choices
• Three potential designs
• Line-by-line typesetting
• Guidance about distribution options and how they work
• Full copyright ownership of the book interior design transferred to the publisher at completion
• Three design and proof passes for you to review our work
• Ebook design and coding
• Optional assistance uploading the files to the distributors or printer of choice
As the publishing manager of Raventide Books, I utilized my knowledge of art, design, and technology to:
• Organize and develop book packaging
• Choose distributors and upload to them
• Market the Raventide Books' catalog
Raventide Books published fantasy, scifi, and urban fantasy between 2011 and 2018.
Colleen has 26 reviews