I offer 26 years of experience editing and writing tech, health, and lifestyle instructional guides. A few of my books have won or been nominated for awards, and many are bestsellers.
Although I am versatile, my expertise lies in developing and editing instructional books and book series. Facebook For Dummies, 6th Edition, for which I was project manager and editor, was the first book published using the For Dummies redesign. I also spearheaded the redesign of a series of textbooks for Haestad Methods. I edited a few "first of" books in my time at Macmillan Computer Publishing.
This work has felt new again every few projects or so, for almost 26 years. Send me your manuscript, and we'll see if we're a match!
Awards and bestsellers:
- I Found a Job!, a career guide by Marcia Heroux Pound, was a finalist for a ForeWord book award.- Wine For Dummies, First Edition, a lifestyle book by Ed McCarthy and Mary Ewing-Mulligan, was nominated for a James Beard book award.- Dummies 101: HTML, by Eric and Deborah Ray, won a CPA Award.- Windows 10 For Dummies, by Andy Rathbone, an instructional guide with a P.O.V., is a #1 bestseller in its category.- Minecraft For Dummies, by Jesse Stay, Thomas Stay, and Jacob Cordeiro. This full-color how-to guide for the blockbuster game, Minecraft, is a bestseller in its category.
I also work with independent publishers as a beta reader and editor:
- Estate Sale DIY: The Estate Mama's Liquidation Guide, by Lisa Kroese (developmental and copy editor)- Schrodinger's Gat and Mercury Revolts, both by Robert Kroese (beta reader and proofreader)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Boosting Your Immunity (Murdoc Khaleghi, MD, and Colleen Diamond)
- Vampire: The Requiem For Dummies (Ken Cliffe, Justin Achilli, Colleen Totz Diamond)
- online documentation
- Various corporate publications, including booklets for IBM, Avaya, and SMART Technologies
- Case studies and newsletter articles for Haestad Methods
-200+ books in the For Dummies series, USA and Canada
-20+ computer books for Macmillan Computer Publishing
-Several civil engineering textbooks about hydraulics and hydrology, and water distribution and floodplain modeling software
- Novels and other book-length manuscripts for independent publishers
- I Got a Job! (JIST Publishing), by Marcia Heroux Pound; nominated for a ForeWord book award
- Wine For Dummies (John Wiley & Sons), by Mary Ewing-Mulligan and Ed McCarthy; nominated for a James Beard book award
- Dummies 101: HTML (John Wiley & Sons), by Deborah Ray and Eric Ray; recipient of a CPA Award
The key to overcoming chronic illness and recovering from chemotherapy treatments-or just to avoid getting every virus that goes around-is to build up the body's natural immune defenses. Nutrient-poor diets contribute to their poor health, so learning how to eat foods that boost your immune defenses is a very important step. The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Boosting Your Immunity shows readers w... read more
Includes tips on characters and storylines for storytellers Develop your character, understand the World of Darkness, and play today! Vampire lore has intrigued ordinary mortals for centuries. Sink your teeth into this book and find out how to slip into their mysterious, mystical world! Create the vampire of your dreams (or nightmares), choose attributes, skills, and advantages, understand the... read more
Get productive with Windows 10 Windows 10 For Dummies is the all-time bestselling computer how-to book—and it's been fully updated for the enhancements coming with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update! Free of confusing jargon and packed with lots of helpful step-by-step explanations, it quickly gets you started with exploring the Start menu, storing files on the Cloud, creating desktop shortcuts... read more
Job hunting has radically changed since the last time many people looked for a job particularly now that the nation is in the midst of recovering from a global economic meltdown. Many of the job search techniques that worked five or ten years ago are now obsolete. People need bold, new strategies to uncover little-know opportunities and get their foot in the door with employers.This guidance i... read more
No matter who we are at some point in our lives, we have to figure out what to do with a lifetime of belongings. If you are downsizing, relocating or dealing with the loss of a loved one, this book is for you. Estate Sale DIY is packed clear steps and 27 tips for anyone who is doing the work that professional liquidators tackle every day. You will learn what to do before, during and after your... read more
A new edition of the bestselling how-to Facebook title Facebook is constantly changing and evolving, replacing old features and introducing new ones. This new edition of the bestselling guide quickly and easily gets you up and running on all the site has to offer. Packed with straightforward guidance that demystifies the nuts and bolts of this popular social media site, Facebook For Dummies co... read more
Being aware of and in control of your emotions is one of the keys to success in life -- both professionally and personally. Emotional Intelligence For Dummies will show you how to take control of your emotions rather than letting your emotions control you! Discover how developing your emotional intelligence can further your relationships with others, in the workplace and at home. Emotional awa... read more
If your work or academic studies involve floodplain management, then a copy of Floodplain Modeling Using HEC-RAS needs to be on your desk. This comprehensive textbook offers expert instruction and practical advice for floodplain modelers and managers. It then goes a step further and shows readers how to apply HEC-RAS, the worldwide standard simulation tool from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Overview To effectively use water distribution models, the engineer must be able to link knowledge of basic hydraulic theory and the mechanics of the program with that of the operation of real-world systems. Advanced Water Distribution Modeling and Management does just that! Written by industry experts, it provides practical resources for engineers and modelers that go well beyond being a how-... read more
Don't be a Minecraft tourist – get expert tips and advice in this full-color primer Minecraft For Dummies is the complete guide to playing within the Minecraft world. With easy-to-follow guidance from a team of Minecraft experts, you'll develop programming and engineering skills as you build amazing creations using in-game blocks and mechanical devices. Whether you prefer the PC, console, or p... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Editor, writer, and fundraiser with expertise in health, education, the arts, literary fiction, and poetry.
Every sentence matters! My passion is helping your words shine, whether you're at the beginning of your project or you need a final polish.