I am professional illustrator focusing on children books.
I believe that the key part of the successful collaboration is regular and clear communication between the Client and the Illustrator. Before I give you a final offer, I love to understand every aspect of the project.
The Client talk to me with all specification about the project and I can start to work.
MY WORK METHOD
Depending on the work's complexity here is a simplified one step at a time guideline how I work.
1, Based on our communication we finalize the brief, agree on specifications and conditions.
2. I give you a quota for the job.
3. You accept it, and send the deposit to reedsy.
4. I start to work at the sketches.
5. If you ask for changes, I will implement the changes and send the sketches again to you to review.
3. If the sketches are accepted we proceed to the next step, the color version.
4. If the colors are ok and don't need more changes, you get the final files.
Note: In general I offer two free revisions. Ideally two of them should happen at the early phase of the job to save time and money for both of us.
In case of book covers you will get 2 different sketches to choose.
In case of 20-24 pages of book illustrations, I will create a story-board with thumbnails.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE...?
Depending how big is the project. It's really important to discuss the time schedule at the start of the project.
- book cover illustration - 2 / 4 weeks
- 20-24 illustrations for a 32 page children's book - 3 /6 months
- black and white illustrations for chapter book - 2 / 6 months
Pearson, Highlights magazine, Callisto Media, Mc Graw Hill Educatione, Fleurus, Giunti Kids, Mondadori, Rizzoli, RCS, Piemme, Storybird and many more.
Have a question? Send me a message.