Close this message
New York, NY, United States
Skilled editor and writing consultant with years of the experience necessary to meet your professional and academic writing needs.
Sign up below to request a quote.
I'm a full-time city budget analyst and part-time writing consultant/editor with years of experience editing academic and professional writing. I earned my Bachelor's degree at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN and my Master's degree at Columbia University in the City of New York. My writing, editing, and consulting areas of expertise include public policy, social science research, civics and politics, education, economic development, immigration, workforce development, children and families, education, gender and sexuality, social and racial justice, social work, mental health and wellness, and more.
I can assist with all of your editing and consulting needs, including research, copyediting, content and structure/style editing, citations and fact-checking, and writing coaching.
• Provided one-on-one, online and in person, writing consultations with Master's and PhD students on academic, professional, and other writing projects
• Fostered students’ development of transferable writing skills and strategies
• Completed an independent development project each semester to inform students and school faculty about writing skills such as collaborative writing
• Conducted research and analysis on policy issues including workforce development, economics, and education as they pertain to young adults who are out of school and work or underemployed;
• Authored reports, briefs, testimonies, and other materials for use by the organization, policymakers, journalists, advocacy groups, and civic organizations;
• Monitored and analyzed legislative proposals or other governmental documents and initiatives;
• Interfaced with government officials at local, state and federal levels to influence policy and raise consciousness about young adult employment and education;
• Co-led or coordinated the creation and publication of reports, papers, and technical assistance tools;
• Attended and presented at national conferences on issues affecting young adults; and more.
Reviewed student submissions to the Columbia Social Work Review Journal and select articles for publication;
Edited the following articles: "Employment First* (not only)", Taylor, 2015; "Intimate Partner Violence: Restorative Justice and Trauma-informed Care", Andruczyk, 2015; and "Undocumented Immigrants and Policy Advocacy: Reasserting the Activist Roots of Social Work", Stewart, 2014; and
Performed executive administrative tasks for the Columbia Social Work Review's editorial board such as bi-weekly meeting planning and facilitation, associate editor selection, and website maintenance;
Freelance copy-editing, proofreading and plain language support; working with publishers, businesses, charities, students and other writers.
North Shields, United Kingdom
I'm a writer/editor with a particular ability to help people get their books out of their heads and onto the page. Call me a Book Whisperer.
Los Angeles, United States