• Managed three lists within the teacher education division for both the higher education and professional development markets.
• Acted as content editor for several textbooks, editing with an eye for flow, organization, and format, assisted in adapting manuscripts from print books to media-enhanced eTexts.
• Aided with other production, marketing, and editorial tasks such as researching and selecting photographs and securing image and text copyright permissions.
• Copy edited marketing copy including copy for the back cover and online sellers.
• Managed textbook supplements, copy edited instructor’s resource manuals and PowerPoint presentations.
• Assisted with market research, created surveys, recruited professors for interviews.
• Coordinated with authors, production, design, and marketing teams to ensure publishing schedules were followed.
I edit, copy edit, and proofread a variety of texts, including textbooks, fiction, and essays. I also write blog posts, press releases, page content, and articles on a range of topics from current events to real estate to home improvement, and even antique rugs.
Cait’s used to being an outsider. The odd girl out, the one with the alcoholic mother. The one whose sister and father died. The one who might just have telepathy. These things she could manage, could hide just enough to get by. Now a werewolf’s bite forces her outside the whole human race. Two men—the one night hook-up who shows up at her hospital bed, and the rescuer worker who may be follow... read more
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book. With its emphasis on helping struggling readers and English language learners, Creating Literacy Instruction for All Students includes in-depth coverage of every major topic in literacy education and includes a number of features not curren... read more
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version. An integrated languag... read more
Literature for Children: A Short Introduction, 8/e is a concise, accessible, text that provides a solid understanding of the foundations of children’s literature across its various genres from picture books to folk literature. In his usual engaging style, popular author David Russell stresses that students need to first appreciate literature in order to later use and teach it effectively in th... read more
The latest from well-known author and literacy expert Richard Allington is intended as the first step in preparing future teachers to provide early adolescents with high-quality literacy instruction. What Really Matters for Middle School Readers: From Research to Practice looks at the areas that struggling adolescents find most difficult—meaning, vocabulary, (especially for academic words), an... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Friendly, efficient editor and researcher with a deep passion for books and authors. Reading is my pleasure as well as my profession.
I am a literary agent and freelance developmental book editor. I also edit and consult on query letters and non-fiction book proposals.