I provide a full range of editorial services to authors and publishers, from comprehensive manuscript development to final proofreading. I am also a fundraising consultant with experience in grant writing, direct response, donor correspondence, and nonprofit publications.
Manager, Institutional Giving and Donor Communications, January 2016–August 2016
Manager, Institutional Giving, July 2011–December 2015
• Solicited and managed an average of $2 million annually in grants from major institutional donors including the M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, the Ford Foundation, the Open Society Foundations, ViiV Healthcare, and many others, including private foundations and trusts.
• In 2015, secured significantly increased grants from several major donors for amfAR’s Countdown to a Cure for AIDS initiative (increases ranged from 50% to 200%).
• Expanded role to provide strategic editorial direction and develop written materials for other areas of fundraising, including major individual gifts and direct response.
Staff Writer, October 2007–June 2011
• Successfully communicated complex information about AIDS research, public policy, and global epidemiology using multiple platforms (website, print and electronic newsletters, and fundraising materials) that reached more than 50,000 amfAR supporters.
• Assumed role as lead editor of amfAR’s print newsletter, Innovations.
• Oversaw development and production of annual reports, including amfAR’s first web-based annual reports.
• Wrote and edited four extensive published reports documenting the HIV/AIDS group’s Leadership for Results program.
• Developed a report on HIV/AIDS and gender.
• Created several documents detailing efforts to coordinate HIV/AIDS responses among UN agencies and other partners.
• Provided content development, line editing, and proofreading services to a broad client base. Clients included UN agencies, nonprofit organizations, book publishers, literary magazines, and art galleries.
• Was engaged by the publishing company Kaplan to work one-on-one with several authors to develop books for publication.
• Developed and produced online practice tests for various standardized tests and professional examinations, as well as interactive online courses.
• Edited test preparation and career books.
• Engaged in a wide variety of editorial work including line editing and proofreading, writing copy for book jackets and sales catalogues, and preparing books for production.
• Read and evaluated book proposals, corresponded with authors and agents, and handled basic administrative tasks.
Kaplan's Math for Nurses is a practical dosage calculation resource for today's busy health care professional. Written to meet the needs of practitioners of nursing at all levels, each chapter breaks down math concepts through step-by-step explanations, practice questions, chapter quizzes, and in-depth answer keys. Nurses can use this book as a review for certification or licensing examination... read more
Book by Heavens, Alan
The Crime Scene: How Forensic Science Works is an affordable trade paperback for those who want to learn more about forensic science and how it is used to solve criminal cases.This book will appeal to the college student who is studying forensic science, or the person who is interested in learning more about it for a career or course of study in criminal justice. Unlike the popular trade books... read more
In her stunning debut poetry collection, What have you done to our ears to make us hear echoes?, Arlene Kim confronts the ways in which language mythologizes memory and, thus, exiles us from our own true histories. Juxtaposing formal choices and dreamlike details, Kim explores the entangled myths that accompany the experience of immigrationthe abandoned country known only through stories, the... read more
A Public Space Number 21
Hardcover book. Pristine inside and out. Minor wear to dust jacket and small rip to top left of dust jacket
In 1952, the New York gallery Tibor de Nagy published A City Winter, Frank O’Hara’s first collection of poems, under the Tibor de Nagy Editions imprint, inaugurating the gallery’s now longstanding association with what has come to be known as the New York School of poetry. O’Hara had been in the city for barely a year, but was already immersing himself in its art scenes, becoming especially cl... read more
Quick, critical reading is an essential skill that is used in standardized tests, jobs, schools, and more. Be it literature, essays, tech writing, or articles, this fully updated edition of Reading Comprehension Success in 20 Minutes a Day provides a complete close-reading tutorial in an easy 20-step program.
High school exit exams, college placement exams, and other important high stakes tests require students to answer specific questions-in writing-while under pressure. In fact, the written exercises students encounter are assigned with the clock ticking and anxiety rising, so it is important to have a strong grounding in basic writing skills so that students can do their best when put to the tes... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
A conscientious and dedicated editor with nine years' experience. I build good working relationships and strive to exceed expectations.
I'm a freelance project manager, copy-editor and picture researcher with nearly 10 years of experience in illustrated publishing. Experie...