Close this message
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Sign up below to request a quote.
I'm a freelance copy-editor and proofreader with several years of experience working on academic/non-fiction projects, both as a production editor at a publisher and as a freelancer.
• Carried out proofreading and copy-editing work both onscreen and on hard copy
• Worked to strict deadlines and budgets
• Clients including Taylor & Francis, Hodder Education, The Open University, the Royal Institute of British Architects, the Regional Studies Association, Oxford University Sport Federation and assorted project management companies.
• Worked on titles on a range of lists including Architecture & Built Environment, Environment & Sustainability, Education, Sport & Tourism, Health & Social Care and Military & International Relations
• Commissioned, prepared material for and managed external suppliers including project managers, copy-editors, typesetters, proofreaders, indexers and printers
• Commissioned new text designs, liaised with typesetters and text designers, and assessed samples
• Assessed artwork and liaised with typesetters, text designers and printers as regards images for mono, 2-colour and 4-colour titles
• Responsible for quality control of copy-editing, typesetting, proofreading, indexing and printing
• Advised and supported colleagues in other internal departments, external suppliers and authors
• Managed tight budgets, negotiated costs with external suppliers, sought quotes from printers both in the UK and overseas for unique titles, and produced complex production estimates
• Managed tight and pressurised schedules to ensure delivery for conferences, launches, textbook adoption windows and year end.
A senior commissioning editor and content developer with ten years of experience in professional, educational and trade publishing.
London, United Kingdom
Cookbooks are my specialty—books I have edited have won or been finalists for James Beard, IACP, and Gourmand awards.
Chicago, IL, United States