As an author, I know exactly how daunting it feels trying to not only write the best book possible, but then be the primary engine of the marketing behind it: a situation writers often find themselves in whether they're publishing their own work or working with a big five publisher. As a marketing professional with over a decade of experience in publishing, I can help you bring your books to the widest possible audience, and hopefully have some fun while doing it. With my depth of experience in book publishing and my passion for social media, my insights and strategies are unique and I tailor them to every author I work with: from novelists to memoirists to business authors.
I began my career as an in-house publicist for Doubleday (Random House) where I worked with bestselling authors such as Tina Brown, Jonathan Lethem, Linda Fairstein, and many others. After moving back to Seattle in 2009, I took over as publicity manager for Kim Ricketts Book Events promoting a wide range of cookbook and literary events with authors such as Laurie David, Rene Redzepi, and Steven Johnson. Next, I spent five years with a Seattle-based editorial and book production firm as their executive director of social media and marketing, working with both traditionally and self-published clients and spearheading the company’s marketing efforts. In February 2016, I released my debut novel, Losing the Light (Atria), and I'm currently working on my next book with the publisher, due out in early 2018. In addition to my writing and social media work,I've presented at book and publishing conferences nationwide including The San Francisco Writers Conference, The Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Conference, The Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference, and many others.
I love helping authors bring their work into the world and would be delighted to hear more about how I can help you.
• Served as member of executive leadership team determining overall direction and strategy for the company
• Vetted, trained, and managed resource partners.
• Managed and trained marketing and social media assistant.
• Determined and executed social media strategy for the company.
• Curated and managed sponsored events including Bumbershoot’s Words & Ideas stage and The Great Northwest Author Tour with McMenamins in 2016.
• Designed and executed social media and marketing strategies for both traditionally and self-published authors.
• Consulted with and trained clients on social media.
• Wrote copy for websites, blogs, and book jackets.
• Wrote and designed book proposals for authors.
• Taught social media classes with the Seattle Public Library and others.
• Gave panels and speeches at conferences throughout the country including the San Francisco Writers Conference, The Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association Conference, The Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference, and others.
• Booked local media (including The Seattle Times, Seattle Met Magazine, KUOW, KEXP, New Day Northwest) for a wide range of both cookbook and literary authors.
• Wrote and designed press kits.
• Helped on-site during events with logistics and management of authors and media in attendance.
• Launched and managed national publicity campaigns for a wide variety of hardcover titles.
• Booked national media (including NPR, The Today Show, C-Span, Entertainment Weekly, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, People, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, Associated Press, Reuters) and local media for all titles
• Assisted with campaigns for: John Grisham The Appeal, Playing for Pizza, The Associate; E. Lynn Harris, Just Too Good To Be True, Basketball Jones; Linda Fairstein, Killer Heat, Lethal Legacy; Tina Brown, The Diana Chronicles; Jonathan Lethem, You Don’t Love Me Yet; and others.
• Managed campaigns for: Sophie Dahl, Playing with the Grown-ups; Barry Unsworth, Land of Marvels; Matthew Kneale, When We Were Romans; Walter Kirn, Lost in the Meritocracy; Jeff Lindsay, Dexter By Design; Tim Page, Parallel Play; Abigail Pogrebin, One and the Same; Valerie Martin, The Confessions of Edward Day; Philippe Claudel, Brodeck and others.
• Coordinated national author tours, including bookstore events and signings
• Wrote and designed press kits, including press releases, pitch and galley letters
• Arranged launch parties for authors and company events
“It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think.” ―Liane Moriarty, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Big Little LiesThis is how a family keeps a secret…and how that secret ends up keeping them.This is how a family lives happily ever after…until happily ever after becomes complicated.This is how children change…and then change the world.This is Claude. He’s five years old, the younges... read more
Survival is the name of the game as the line blurs between reality TV and reality itself in Alexandra Oliva’s fast-paced novel of suspense.She wanted an adventure. She never imagined it would go this far. It begins with a reality TV show. Twelve contestants are sent into the woods to face challenges that will test the limits of their endurance. While they are out there, something terrible happ... read more
When Assistant District Attorney Alex Cooper is summoned to Tina Barr’s apartment on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, she finds a neighbor convinced that the young woman was assaulted. But the terrified victim, a conservator of rare books and maps, refuses to cooperate with investigators. Then another woman is found murdered in that same apartment with an extremely valuable book, believed to have ... read more
Bestselling author Jonathan Lethem delivers a hilarious novel about love, art, and what it's like to be young in Los Angeles. Lucinda Hoekke's daytime gig as a telephone operator at the Complaint Line—an art gallery's high-minded installation piece—is about as exciting as listening to dead air. Her real passion is playing bass in her forever struggling, forever unnamed band. But recently a fre... read more
Kitty loves living at the isolated Hay House with her doting grandparents, but it cannot provide the adventure and excitement that her restless, bohemian mother Marina craves. When a guru sees Marina's future in New York, Kitty is torn from her home and bounced from place to place—first a colorless boarding school, then an American ashram, and finally back to an unfamiliar England. But soon, n... read more
An affecting memoir of life as a boy who didn’t know he had Asperger’s syndrome until he became a man. In 1997, Tim Page won the Pulitzer Prize for Criticism for his work as the chief classical music critic of The Washington Post, work that the Pulitzer board called “lucid and illuminating.” Three years later, at the age of 45, he was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome–an autistic disorder cha... read more
A powerful and moving novel about the ravages war and the need to tell the truth, even in the face of adversity. After the close of a great war, a mysterious stranger arrives in a small European village. He is an artist and he begins sketching the villagers, showing the painful reality of the crimes and betrayals the war left in its wake. Consumed by distrust, the villagers conspire and murder... read more
A New York Times Notable Book A Daily Beast Best Book of the YearA Huffington Post Best Book of the Year From elementary school on, Walter Kirn knew how to stay at the top of his class: He clapped erasers, memorized answer keys, and parroted his teachers’ pet theories. But when he launched himself eastward to an Ivy League university, Kirn discovered that the temple of higher learning he had e... read more
The former CEO of Clif Bar, Co-founder of Plum, and serial entrepreneur offers insights about launching and growing a business while maintaining a fulfilled life in this practical guide filled with hard-won advice culled from the author’s own sometimes dark, raw experiences. With a foreword by Steve Blank.Aspiring entrepreneurs are told that to launch a business, you must go all in, devoting e... read more
Coming from a race of highly-evolved humans, Julia Jaynes has the perfect life. The perfect family. The perfect destiny. But there's something rotten beneath the surface--dangerous secrets her father is keeping; abilities she was never meant to have; and an elite society of people determined to keep their talents hidden and who care nothing for the rest of humanity. So when Julia accidentally ... read more
Being a politician’s wife is all about appearances, and as the spouse of Washington State’s attorney general, Marilyn McKenna was expected to be by her husband’s side through thick and thin. After decades of being morbidly obese, she chose thin – and started a weight-loss journey that would change her life. From hitting rock bottom to finding a path to recovery, Marilyn honestly describes her ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
As a self-published author earning over $1.2 million royalties in four years, I can teach you to market your book successfully...
Digital marketing and social media professional with 7 years of experience across 3 of the Big 5 publishing houses.