In this role I was responsible for the strategy, content quality, and development of the Legal and Regulatory publishing programme of LexisNexis India. The work involved
• the preparation of the annual publication calendar within the annual budget,
• overseeing the work of Commissioning Editors
• overseeing the preparation of business proposals for book projects,
• presenting and defending new proposals before the Publishing Planning Board
• interacting with the Editorial Advisory Board and new authors,
• collaborating with Marketing and Sales Directors and their teams
• leading negotiations on publishing rights contracts
Primarily my work was to assess the work required on book projects, carry out in-house training for the editors, help the Marketing team, keep up contacts with the author network, and ensure a respectable publication calendar.
My primary responsibility was to develop and publish books containing new research and analysis on the interconnections between the social sciences and legal issues. During my 5 ½ years at OUP I was able to lay the foundation of a new publishing programme. I developed book projects on gender justice, human rights, constitutional law, child rights, environmental law, Islam, legal literacy, maritime law, and competition law and policy.
Authors on my list included eminent scholars and professionals, such as the late SP Sathe, the late O. Chinnappa Reddy, UpendraBaxi, Marc Galanter, George Gadbois, AG Noorani, Ravi Nair, Oliver Mendelsohn, Flavia Agnes, Neera Bura, Asha Bajpai, Sally Engle Merry, Rajeev Dhavan, Vinod Dhall, Shyam Divan, Jaya Sagade, Ismail Poonawala, Tahir Mahmood, Saiyid Hamid, Werner Menski, SudhirKrishnaswamy.
This book is a ground-breaking intervention on Dalit politics in India. Challenging received ideas, it uses a comparative framework to understand Dalit mobilisations for political power, social equality and justice. The monograph traces the emergence of Dalit consciousness and its different strands in north and south India ― from colonial to contemporary times ― and interrogates key notions an... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.