• Worked with clients such as Oxford University Press and HarperCollins to edit and write Primary Literacy Resources.
• Helped to develop teaching notes for a major new publishing brand.
• Experience with complex project management roles, including managing a large-scale schedule and a team of authors and editors.
• Worked on digital content creation (eBooks and quizzes).
• Project-managed a new series of 78 phonic books.
• Managed the editorial process for 39 titles, from developing the manuscripts to handing over proofs to Production; ensuring compliance checks were carried out on suppliers and checking for diversity and cultural sensitivities throughout the project.
• Commissioned some of the teaching materials.
• Worked closely with authors, initially on developing their ideas for new plots, then helping them to improve their manuscripts.
• Organised product trialling in schools, then collated and implemented feedback.
• Worked with Design to brief the series artwork, including character creation and world-building.
• Managed a schedule of online resources, including supporting a junior editor to manage her time, and monitoring dependencies with the print resources.
• Liaised with a high-profile author to develop lesson plans.
• Recruited and mentored an intern, who was subsequently offered a permanent position.
• Sourced and managed freelance editors and proofreaders.
• Applied consistency and house style in manuscripts and proofs, and cross-referenced teaching materials with corresponding pupil books.
• Created a schedule for teaching materials.
• Briefed and liaised with a freelance editor, providing a style guide, answering queries and working with other team members to manage her time.
• Collated, discussed and implemented feedback from authors and consultants.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm an experienced editor, proofreader and wordsmith ready to help YOU put the finishing touches on your manuscript.
Book editor with 20 years' experience in literary fiction and non-fiction, autobiography, history, travel, current affairs and biography.